1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Time to Vote! August 2011 Photo Contest - Sponsored by Nik Software

Discussion in 'Contests and Challenges' started by Luckypenguin, Aug 29, 2011.

• Like Like x 1
  1. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Impressive work people. Hard to choose, but it's done.

2. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Isn't it ironic that the two highest rated photos in our coloring process contest are black and white?

3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

... didn't even see this one going! I thought only the macro contest was on ...

4. Not really, if you're familiar with the software. Even beyond the standard B&W filter, Color Efex actually has a bunch of different monochrome filters which I don't even know if it's possible to replicate in Silver Efex. It's also a great finishing tool for images that come out of Silver Efex. I prefer to add things like grain and vignetting (through darken/lighten center) here rather than in Silver Efex, especially given that I think the preview options work better in CFX.

I guess then if anyone thought Color Efex was just for colour: myth busted! I wouldn't buy it just for that, but it's a nice feature. If only they'd spell the word colour correctly...

5. Janine4d

Janine4d Mu-43 Regular

I'm even worse, I knew it was going on and I was going to submit something but I remembered the deadline wrong, oops... Well, gl everyone! :wink:

6. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I'm glad you added through darken/lighten centre, as the actual vignetting part of Colour Efex is disgustingly awful in every way..... :smile:

7. Lol, I'm glad I found the Darken/lighten centre first. Tried the vignette filter later, shrugged, went back to the first method.

8. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Voted. Awesome collection :^)

9. :bump: Bump for votes!

10. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Definitely a great set. Nik Software ultimately won here, since I downloaded all the demos. Maybe more hopped on board. :smile: