Time to go shopping!

plantain

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim
Hi my name is Jim and I discovered this forum while checking out the Olympus OMD E-M1.
I was looking for a lighter and more compact camera system because I was tired of lugging my Canon 7D and glass around.
With some trepidation I decided to put a foot in the water and list my gear online last Sunday.
The first thing to go was the Canon 7D which kind of freaked my out because all of a sudden I had a bag full of glass and no body!
One week later and most everything is gone. I have one lens left to sell. No turning back now! Both feet are in.

So it's time to go shopping for new gear. Probably a E-M1 and a Olympus 20-40mm 2.8. I really like the Olympus 75mm 1.8 too.
One thing that surprised me when I was out looking at lenses was how small the Olympus 60mm 2.8 is. I had a Canon 100mm 2.8 IS USM and that lens is huge compared to the Olympus.

Looking forward to getting some new gear!

theMezz

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Joe Mezzanini
I did the same thing. Sold my Nikon D7000 and some of my glass is is sold and the rest is on ebay,

Now I have no clue what 43 camera system to buy. How the heck do I pick one !?!

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
Did the same thing as you (7D and glass) last Nov/Dec. :drinks:

See my gear list for what I got (GX7-based). I went for primes through the standard range of focal lengths, plus a zoom at each end.

Each to his own, though. I think you have a more 'mini-7D' goal in mind from your indicated choices, Jim.

Either way, you will love it.

plantain

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim
I had read about and tried the Olympus OMD E-M1 and really liked the feel of it and the reviews were good.
I found it similar in feel to a DSLR but smaller but still solid.

I guess do some research see what appeals to you and try it in the store.

plantain

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim
So I think I made the right move!

I'll check out your gear list. I was thinking of the prime route as well but the 10-22 2.8 with the E-M1 is $200 off at purchase. Still want the 75mm 1.8 though.

Yes the "mini 7D" will be lighter!

I think I will really like it!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom