Time to build a new PC? Or wait for 9th gen Intel?

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Although to me backups are things that get put in the safe or offsite asap.

The photos I've been working on recently are on the SSD. When I import new photos to the SSD, I also import a backup copy of those photos to the primary 4TB HHD. That HHD has all my photos every on it, so it's really the "primary" copy for my photo library, though I don't access older photos very often except on Flickr. It gets backed up to two additional HHDs within the machine in case of drive failure(s).

Then I also have backups of that drive at another physical location as well as in the cloud. So different levels of backup, in the primary machine, out of the machine, etc.

Last edited:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Okay, one final upgrade. I figured it was going to be a while before I could get my hands on an RTX 2070 or 2080 at a good price, and I probably won't be able to make any use of ray tracing. And Microcenter just dropped the price on this 1080 TI.

1080ti.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So now my build is really done, and my other son is very happy with his GTX 1070 :).

I'm not a gamer, but I like to try a game or two once every PC build. Downloading The Elder Scrolls Skyrim and American Truck Simulator right now. If anyone has other recs for non-shooter games with great graphics, please let me know!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom