1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Time spent here! shessh...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MrDoug, Oct 31, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I was just wondering and curious (kinda of a consensus) about how much time per day or week or both - you spend logged on here and viewing Mu-43.com.... I was going to start a Poll, but indidivual feedback is more informative.. I think I spend aprox 1-2 hrs per day or so..:smile: I would like to hear from you! :smile:

2. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    I do spend quite a bit of time on this website at work and at home. I do know for fact that i spend more time on here than shooting with my camera. :rolleyes:

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    well it auto loads on my web browser on my computer, its on my front page of apps for my iphone and ipad
    so its kinda super convenient
    prolly not long of actually looking at it daily
    but many frequent 30 seconds bursts lol

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    my answer is too much time....I gotta cut back.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    me too.. I get up in the morning..check the News, Weather than here.. :smile:

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    mu-43.com anonymous?

• Like Like x 2
  7. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I could be Sick.. LOL just kidding..

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    This past Saturday I purposely unplugged. No e-mail, no iphone or ipad. Not even weather online. It was nice! Today. I'm back at it, lol.

My answer, also, is "too much" but I'm not ready to quit just yet :)

9. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I should try unplugging for a day.. but I think the guys in the White coats would be coming to my house after about 4 hours.. :rofl:

10. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Some folks claim that this (disconnecting regularly - or a 'digital fast' if you like) is a good habit to get into. This gent has written an entire book on this and related issues - http://www.williampowers.com/

• Like Like x 2
  11. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    Longer than the marriage of Kim kardashian and that guy.

• Like Like x 3
  12. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Every day, every afternoon, every night: looks like a marriage, but doesn't have the cons of it.:smile:

13. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Twice a day to click "new posts" and browse through the most interesting ones. I'd guess I spend ~30mins / day here. Kinda addicted... :biggrin:

14. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Used to be much too long. Got it trimmed now to about an hour a day, once a day weekdays. I try to stay away from computers on the weekends, but not always successfully. :rolleyes:

Still haven't figured out a good way to read the forums without missing topics, though. Usually I open a browser tab on the "Classifieds" then open another for "Recent Discussions," But I find I often miss stuff just clicking the "Recent" link, so I've been trying the "New Posts" listings occasionally.

When reading ongoing threads (The Real Street Thread, etc.,) I just click the "Last Page" link.

15. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    In terms of actual TIME, not that much. But I keep quite a few tabs open on my Mac pretty much all the time and this is one of them. So I scan the list of active threads on the right quite frequently - probably many times per day some days, barely at all if I'm not at home, but when I'm at home in my office, I check in a lot. And when there's a thread or two that I'm taking an active interest in, the actual time goes up a bit. So, I'm logged in pretty much constantly, scan the list of topics pretty often, but I wouldn't say I actually spend a lot of time here. But I definitely stay in touch with what's going on...

-Ray

16. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I tend to stop by several times a day (if I can) and scan the posts. How much time I spend depends on how many posts catch my interest. If I open lots of posts I, obviously, spend more time. The time also increases when I respond to posts. Basically . . . it depends! :biggrin:

17. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    elandel... when were you planning on fixing this door and taking out the garbage?

ill make that my sig file, so itll be more marriage like for you :)

revbob is in denial and trying to avoid admitting its "too much" time for him ;)

18. littlefish

littlefish Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Glos., UK
    About an hour a day. Is this normal?

19. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Between half an hour and an hour, depending on whether I post or not. Writing posts can take quite some time, but who cares, it's a hobby :smile:.

20. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    :2thumbs: