Time I Said Hello

Chris999999

Mu-43 Regular
I have been watching this forum for a while as a change from the battlefield of another micro four thirds forum.

I have been a m43 user since 2011 when I moved from Canon because I wanted to reduce the size and weight of my kit, and I have been enjoying taking photographs since the late 1950's when as a child, I was finally given a camera, which I had been wanting for some time. I have had quite a few cameras since then and it was the need to move from film to digital that enabled me to move to my current system.

I started with a G3 and 14-42PZ, a lens I still like despite its bad press, and I have 3 front end converters for it which I still find useful. I pursued a policy of buying lenses and sticking with the G3. Firstly the 45-175 which I think is a great lens, the Panasonic 7-14 which is my least favourite lens (for reasons I can't really define) and the 100-400 which whilst not used very often, is to me essential. During this process I identified the low light limits of my lenses and have subsequently bought the Panasonic 15 and 42.5 f1.7 lenses, and I also picked up the Samyang Fisheye, so about 1 lens a year.

Last year the monitor display on my G3 started to fail (and finally did) "forcing" me to buy the GX9, and I have to say if I never own another camera, then that is fine, as the GX9 is the camera I have wanted for 60 years. Actually the G3 is still very usuable, as I seldom use the monitor, and it was my use of the monitor with my 100-400 and a red dot sight which broke it (probably a cable, so maybe fixable).

So where is my photography going? The next native lens will be a Laowa 7.5, and I want to investigate macro photography, which I have never had any involvement with, but I have decided that I should try tilt/shift. When I moved to Canon, one of the reasons was their tilt/shift lenses. This was 25 years ago and I never did get there, but I hope to this year. I'll let you know how I get on!.

Chris999999

Mu-43 Regular
Thank you all for the welcome.

In answer to ralf-11, try spending some time on dpreview. There are some interesting posts, but too much trolling (mainly why FF is better than m43), predictions of the death of m43, and equivalence arguments.

I will post again in the near future, in the appropriate forum.

Latest threads

Top Bottom