Time change in USA: camera's time settings

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Since almost all states, except maybe Arizona, here have just had to move our clocks forward one hour...don't forget to check your camera's time settings.

I hadn't thought about it at all, but had to go in and check something else and realized my E-P2 was an hour off. Just think of the historical significance!:eek::biggrin:

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Time change in Europe

Thanks for your thread.
In Europe summer time starts at March 28 and ends at October 31.
When does it end in the US?

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
The colonies are behind again

That happens automatically with the cams we buy in the UK - must be the vibes that we Brits send out

"Spring forward Fall back"

Robert Spoecker

Mu-43 Regular
If I want to know when I took a picture a year from now and I get the right day it's close enough.

Hey; I learned that the day I retired. :yahoo:

Robert

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Herman, here's an overview of how things work with Daylight Saving Time in the US.

From the National Institute of Standards and Technology:

When does Daylight Saving Time/Standard Time begin?

Daylight Saving Time begins each year at 2 a.m. on the second Sunday of March. Move clocks ahead one hour at the start of Daylight Saving Time.

Standard Time begins each year at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of November. Move your clocks back one hour at the resumption of Standard Time. Daylight Saving time and Time zones are regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation, not by NIST.

In 2009, Daylight Saving Time begins on March 8 and ends on Nov.1.

In 2010, Daylight Saving Time begins on March 14 and ends on Nov.7.
However,
Arizona (except some Indian Reservations), Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have chosen not to observe Daylight Saving Time. This choice does make sense for the areas closer to the equator because the days are more consistent in length throughout the year.
from a handy overview of the whole concept found here: http://geography.about.com/cs/daylightsavings/a/dst.htm

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom