Timbuktu Snoop Messenger XS bag

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Zozi carries an "F" rating with the San Francisco BBB.
Bill,
Thanks for the heads up. I already got an email stating around 7 days for delivery. If they screw things up I think Timbuk2 will stand behind things.
I'll update status as I'm sure the other members will also.
Thank You Sir.

RichDesmond

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I've got one coming too, they shipped pretty fast, within 24 hours. Got the FedEx tracking #, should be here on Wednesday. I guess we'll see then...:smile:

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, and the reviews are terrible. The only reason I still gave the order a shot was because all the negative reviews were specific to the vouchers for events/services that Zozi sells, as opposed to direct item or gear purchases. The negative reviews I read were generally "bought a voucher, company wouldn't honor it!", which is a different sort of problem.

Anyway... I remain a bit skeptical but I guess we'll see. It's times like this I miss the paypal secure card option where you could make a "one time use" credit card number associated to your account, then make a purchase with it so it couldn't be used to charge anything else to your card # afterwards.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I got an email that the bag is in the Fedex truck. It's slated for Friday delivery.
My wife read the email....no coffee or breakfast yet..hmmmm

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
Got mine this evening from FedEx.

The only 2 surprises I got were:

1) The insert that came with the bag does NOT have the zippered top. But the XS insert I ordered from Timbuk2 a few weeks ago *does* have a zip top. Maybe this is older stock, hence the closeout price?

2) There's no grab handle on the top of the bag. I really dislike not having that since it makes it much more convenient to grab when not wearing it on my shoulder. Not a deal breaker but I was bummed. Apparently that's a newer Snoop Messenger feature so maybe again this is because it's old stock.

Oh, and there's no tripod straps on the bottom on the XS like there are on the other sizes.

curveshooter

Mu-43 Regular
2) There's no grab handle on the top of the bag. I really dislike not having that since it makes it much more convenient to grab when not wearing it on my shoulder. Not a deal breaker but I was bummed. Apparently that's a newer Snoop Messenger feature so maybe again this is because it's old stock.
That's a bummer.

What's the lowest price the Snoop XS with the grab handle is going for?

Yeah, we know. If you look at earlier posts, someone mentions that their poor rating is entirely predicated on their vacation packages, and they are working on trying to fix that F as well.

I received my brand new bag today via fedex so regardless of their BBB rating, they came through on the bag deal.

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
That's a bummer.

What's the lowest price the Snoop XS with the grab handle is going for?
I think the current model Snoop is the only one with a grab handle... so presumably retail or whatever you can find a deal on one for. This was 60% off retail so I'm not going to complain too much :thumbup:

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
Mine has 2 straps for carrying a tropid. They are under the flap rather than on the bottom. Perfect for my zipshot. Nice little bag for $62.
Are you talking about the velcro tabs? If you're referring to the 2 nylon + velcro strips, those are silencers for the velcro on the top lid of the bag. They give you those so you can optionally use velcro and/or the buckles to keep the bag shut.

Boneyard

Mu-43 Regular
Kinda bummed too. Not over the bag, but other issues I had. Ordered on the 23rd so a few days after the rest of you. Came to find out there was some sort of site glitch that overestimated the amount of Black/Gunmetal stock they had so the only option they could get me was the Algae Green/Gunmetal version. They did give me an additional $30 in store credit, which was a nice gesture I suppose. Can't really complain getting a nice bag for $62 (especially when I've been using a $8 Eyeclops Mini-Projector bag for the past while), but the Black would have been nice...

Stewmander

Mu-43 Regular
Are you talking about the velcro tabs? If you're referring to the 2 nylon + velcro strips, those are silencers for the velcro on the top lid of the bag. They give you those so you can optionally use velcro and/or the buckles to keep the bag shut.
My little booklet references a tripod holder

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Kinda bummed too. Not over the bag, but other issues I had. Ordered on the 23rd so a few days after the rest of you. Came to find out there was some sort of site glitch that overestimated the amount of Black/Gunmetal stock they had so the only option they could get me was the Algae Green/Gunmetal version. They did give me an additional $30 in store credit, which was a nice gesture I suppose. Can't really complain getting a nice bag for $62 (especially when I've been using a $8 Eyeclops Mini-Projector bag for the past while), but the Black would have been nice...
Mine is due Friday. I have the black one coming. Color means zilch to me. If you want to trade for the black....no issue, just let me know....
don

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
My little booklet references a tripod holder
I just double checked and I really don't see anything that'd be suitable for holding a tripod.

I think that little card/booklet is just generic to the Snoop series; the S size bag I have has 2 straps specifically for holding a tripod on the bottom. There aren't any bottom straps on the XS version though, so I can only presume the list of features is general to the Snoop line and varies slightly for the XS size.

curveshooter

Mu-43 Regular
Kinda bummed too. Not over the bag, but other issues I had. Ordered on the 23rd so a few days after the rest of you. Came to find out there was some sort of site glitch that overestimated the amount of Black/Gunmetal stock they had so the only option they could get me was the Algae Green/Gunmetal version.
Did they contact you and inform you of the glitch, or did they just ship the green bag without asking you first?

I ordered the black bag yesterday. I wonder which I'm going to get.

Boneyard

Mu-43 Regular
Mine is due Friday. I have the black one coming. Color means zilch to me. If you want to trade for the black....no issue, just let me know....
don
I appreciate that dude. I'm no fashionista at all, I was more put off by the error and it not being what I thought I was ordering. I might still take you up on that offer though, is it cool if I let you know tomorrow? They still have yet to ship mine out, so I want to make sure that's all straight before anything else.

Did they contact you and inform you of the glitch, or did they just ship the green bag without asking you first?
No, I got ahold of their customer service because I had yet to receive any kind of shipping info and that's when I was told about the glitch. They gave me the option of a refund or the green. A bag is a bag, no matter the color so I went ahead with it, even if the green is available for the same price elsewhere.

I just double checked and I really don't see anything that'd be suitable for holding a tripod.

I think that little card/booklet is just generic to the Snoop series; the S size bag I have has 2 straps specifically for holding a tripod on the bottom. There aren't any bottom straps on the XS version though, so I can only presume the list of features is general to the Snoop line and varies slightly for the XS size.
Yes, you are correct. No tripod holder. :frown: Oh well.

ill_dawg

Mu-43 Veteran
Just a quick bump with a new link.

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/tim-19626023

These guys have the small in black for $89, and it's the new version with the grab handle and the tripod straps. Mine just arrived today, seems to be all good. If you missed the previous deal and think the small is right for you, give these guys a look.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom