Timbuktu Snoop Messenger XS bag

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by gnb40, Feb 18, 2013.

1. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Gary
    I've been looking at this as a possible small bag. Everyone has it in green/grey for $55.00, Black/grey is $129.00. Zozi has it in both colors for $55.00. Shipping is $6.00. They also have a Timbuktu backpack on sale.

ZOZI

This is the first time I've dealt with them, so I''ll let you know how it works out.

Gary

• Like Like x 3
  2. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Ordered one as well. Googling them reveals them to be a groupon-like startup for adventure tours - hence their side business selling adventure gear like the Snoop bag. They seem to be legit, with venture funding etc.

3. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I ordered as well, figured I like my small size Snoop so for 60% off I'd get the XS model as well. The waterproofing is incredibly handy, not having to worry about my gear outside.

I googled the company offering these as well, lots of bad reviews but I noticed they were always regarding the coupon vouchers not being honored and such. I decided to take a chance on buying gear through them anyway so hopefully it pans out.

4. escapewheel

escapewheel New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2013
    South Florida
    I've never owned one of their camera-specific bags before, but my wife and I both have laptop messenger bags from them that are still going strong after 5+ years of frequent use. I'm considering one of these for my e-pm2 now...

5. rpmk104

rpmk104 New to Mu-43

May 1, 2012
    How big is the xs model? Anyone have any first hand experience?

6. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    I have had a Timbuk2 laptop messenger bag for almost a year now and love it so that plus the price and the favorable reviews by others on the forum made it a no brainer purchase.

7. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
  8. condo39

condo39 Mu-43 Regular

9. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Timbuk 2 XS

This XS is great, I use it to hold G3 ,O45mm , P14mm, P20mm and next month will purchase the P100-300. Or 3 lens plus another m43 body, like gx1, or epl3.

I like the bag very much, but the extra small should have only one buckle on front instead of 2, and I would design it with a narrower shoulder strap, but the strap is ok, but the XS bag would be lighter and more flexible with the above changes in design.

Dennis

10. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Does it have a pocket that will fit a 7" tablet like a Kindle or Nexus?

11. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    The rear pocket on the XS is 11.4" x 8.3" and does fit an iPad or Nexus 7" tablet, and presumably a Kindle as well.

Check the Timbuk2 product page and click on Dimensions tab for more info. There's a "See all products that fit your device" link you can click to input your laptop/tablet and it'll tell you which sizes of Snoop Messenger will fit.

12. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks!! I missed that when I was on their website.

13. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    Has anyone from Canada ordered from them? I signed up and it lists me under "Toronto" even though I'm not there. Only US states in the order form so I emailed them. They said put in CA and order anyway and send them my full address. I'm concerned they'd use UPS and I'd get hit with big brokerage fees. Either way, clearly the shipping cost would be higher so it doesn't make sense to me that they said that.

14. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    Now they are telling me they ship from CA and use Fed-Ex. AND, they are not responsible for extra charges. So clearly they don't know what they are doing. Fed-Ex are UPS are the worst for brokerage charges. I will not be buying from them.

15. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    It's a good thing you found out. Those crappy courier's "brokerage" fees would of been more than the price of the bag. I only buy from the US if they ship USPS tracked.

16. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I ordered the black after reading this thread.
    $55.00 + $7.00 shipping makes it a no brainer.
    I'm blaming this purchase on youse shooters.
    Mrs Shooter is not amused.....

17. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    I've been getting my BH orders shipped to work so that the Mrs doesn't see them. :smile:

18. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    That works because your wife probably isn't Russian.
    Mine is and figures out everything I do. Funny thing is...if I buy a camera or lens ... she couldn't care less. A camera bag for $55.00.... she's not amused.

• Like Like x 1
  19. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    I don't hassle my wife about her purchases so she usually do it for me. Plus, my philisophy is to try and buy at a price where I can resell for close to what I paid for it. So far I bought the Sigma 19mm, Sigma 30mm, and Oly 45-150mm for $99 each and I can easily resell for what I paid.

20. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    Zozi carries an "F" rating with the San Francisco BBB.