1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!
  1. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Timbuk2 is having a sale right now. I've been using their bags with domke inserts for years now. They are bullet proof and very weather resistant. Worth a look.

I saw this and it peaked my interest. Paired with this $20 Tenba insert and it's the perfect bag. It's got insulation and paired with the Tenba insert you'd have a lot of protection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just thought I'd pass it along... :cool:

p.s. It also has an attached bottle opener. :2thumbs:

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Great looking tourist bag. I love looking like a tourist...
    Gotta take a closer look...
    Thanks.....

3. franklyspeaking

np, In terms of durability, they are hard to beat.

4. franklyspeaking

It is probably important to note that this is a one day sale.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

This is nice looking. I'm just not sure I want to go red white and blue, but it does look like a well made bag, and your insert idea seems very smart.

Just noticed the attached bottle opener remark!:drinks:

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Wait a minute - it's already insulated!! I wonder if my husband, The Other Don, might go for red, white and blue.:wink:

7. franklyspeaking

The more I think about this bag the more I am tempted. With the padding from the insulation and the insert it would provide great protection.

8. edr93

edr93 New to Mu-43

Jul 20, 2010
    Sale Continues

Timbuk2 is running this up to 60% off sale all week. So maybe something a little more discrete will come up. That is their ice chest model. I'm using a small black bag which holds my Apple iPad and Panasonic LX3. They really are well made. Also check eBay for great deals in these bags.

Ed

9. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    That bag is pretty nice though I agree somewhat over the top! We need to keep this thread running all week if they are running deals, perhaps something nice will pop up.

10. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Dunno about an insulated bag.....

BB, ya got a problem with Red, White and Blue?
    I need to talk with the other Don....
    On the street, there's nothing better than looking like a tourist.

Frank,
    Are all their bags insulated?
    Can't check from my stupid iphoney.

11. franklyspeaking

No. This is the only bag that has insulation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    looks like the sale today is going for a bunch of random stuff, might be something worth looking at for someone, so I thought I would bump this one!

I ended up grabbing a Classic Small messenger (with the internal organizer) on ebay last night (ebags is the seller) - $44.79 shipped for the red/white/silver combo, which was $20 less than the ebags site, not bad! I think it should be a great fit for my m4/3 gear!

Edit: I was gonna link the one I bought, but they corrected the price on ebay to $64 (even says it was edited since I bought it).

• Like Like x 1
  13. franklyspeaking

Good grab on the small messenger. It's a great bag.

14. franklyspeaking

New sale item today!!!

Okay guys, today's sale item may be the perfect bag for a little :43: system.

Check it out here For $25, it's a steal.

[​IMG]

You'd probably need to go with a domke insert instead of the tenba but it would make a great bag.

• Like Like x 1
  15. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I received my Timbuk2 'small' messenger bag - glad I didn't get any larger! There is enough room for a 2 slot domke insert, another pouch (which holds the e-pl1 or e-p1 plus a lens), and another larger camera lens zipper pouch big enough to hold the 70-300mm+adapter. All that and an interior full length divider making a perfect slot for a netbook. I doubt I'll carry that much around on a regular basis, but it will be perfect for longer trips (including Italy for our anniversary at the end of the year!).

• Like Like x 1
  16. 2ndname

2ndname Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010
    Mind sharing some pictures of this bag? I've been wanting to get one of these bags for both my camera and as a bag to carry to work.

17. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    If I have the time I'll post some photos over the weekend!