Tilt shift with Micro Four Thirds

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by peripatew, Nov 15, 2013.

1. peripatew

peripatew Mu-43 Regular

Nov 21, 2010
  2. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    That one only does shift. No tilt.
    I have a lens baby tilt transformer which only does tilt. It's interesting, but a bit awkward to use.
  3. inkista

inkista Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Just me, but... that's not a tilt-shift adapter. It's a shift adapter. Great for perspective correction.

But if you wanted to play with DoF and the Scheimpflug Principle, you need a tilt adapter.

I found a cheap $40 tilt adapter on eBay. Given that I was stacking adapters (OM -> EOS; EOS->mft tilt), I'm not too picky about precision in my adapters. YMMV. I found it fun, but not really worth it for my uses. I had to use my OM Zuiko 50/1.2 wide open at f/1.2 to get a similar toy-model effect to what I get with my 80/2.8 super-rotator TS on my Canons.

G3. stacked OM-> EOS/EOS->mft tilt adapters, OM 50/1.2 @f/1.2

If you wanted to use it to increase DoF, though, might be a different story.
  4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    • Like Like x 1
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

There are tilt/shift adaptors from Kiron. They have them for Nikon F, m42, Leica and Olympus OM to m4/3, Sony NEX, Fuji X and Canon EosM. Then there is an adapter from a German company called Mirex that fits medium format lenses to m4/3. I doubt there is enough room to tilt and shift Canon lenses{shorter registration than what is available}.
  6. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    I just picked up a rokinon 4/3 t/s lens. Not exactly the same and much more expensive, but you don't have to worry about crappy quality. Sadly it's only 24mm which means it's great for buildings, but that's about it. Too short of a focal length for decent diorama and not long enough to blur the sides and be flattering for portraiture. Maybe, anyway. I'll test it out when it gets here.