1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tilt Legacy Adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by klee, Jun 2, 2013.

1. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin

Attached Files:

2. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    Hi, yes I have one, it tilts the lens by 8 degrees, though I think it's more novelty value especially for stills, as you can get as good results if not better with post processing. The quality is not as good as my other adapters as there is a bit of play and the lens mounts upside down for some wierd reason. Would be good for video work as that cannot be post processed. I will post some examples later as I am away from home at the minute.

3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    I've got a Pentax K version.
    I found mine the rotation mechanism loosened up, and lost one of the bearings that give the click stops. After replacing the bearing it seems to work perfectly again, but until I got the replacement it was very difficult to disconnect from the camera.
    As well as the trendy miniature effect, it can be used to increase the effective DOF not easily done in PP unless you have a static subject.

I like it but I expect I'm biased - I got a ยต4/2 camera so I could tilt my existing lenses, about 1/10 the cost of dedicated a tilt/shift lens and with other advantages too.

4. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Kevin
    Looking forward to your samples. I love shooting video with my legacy glass.

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I got an OM version to put the 28 & 50mm OM lenses to some use. I must confess I've done very little with them though. It is good to extend the DoF on a given plain with having a bright lens too.