tilt adaptors

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pellicle, Apr 27, 2011.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Hi

just got the adaptor by Adriano Lolli

5661184364_ebf3afc9b7.
    P1000738 by aquinas_56, on Flickr

this uses the tilt to increase DoF along a plane. This was taken with an OM 50mm lens at f1.8

Other choices on the market are only the lens baby as far as I know.

I'll be blogging about the adaptor soon (and will follow up with a link)

:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. johnb5319

johnb5319 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 22, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi Pellicle, Do you have any more info on this tilt adaptor? Which lens do you use with it and what sort of angle do you thing you can bend the lens through?

Thanks

3. johnb5319

johnb5319 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 22, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Sorry. The lens is in the post, but I'm interested in the angle you can tilt through? Thx

4. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    What do you suppose happens when you click on the blue text?

5. ddegomez

ddegomez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 7, 2011
    May I step in for Pellicle? Max angle of tilt is 30 degrees. click on the blue Adriano lolli above for more info. Once at Adriano Lolli site click on External links:
    UNITED KINGDOM

6. johnb5319

johnb5319 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 22, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks guys..

Thanks, I HAD read the 30 degrees in that site, but I also read elsewhere that it didn't tilt to that extent so I was asking for the opinion of an actual user.

7. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    Off topic, how do you like your OM 50mm F1.8 ?

8. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    ...and back on topic : I am currently hesitating between the Adriano Lolli and the Lensbaby. What pushes me towards the more expensive Lensbaby is that the Lolli, in the video on the website, seems to be not very smooth when turning the lens around, whereas the Lensbaby has a ball system that seems much better in that regard - what do you think after playing with the Lolli ?

9. johnb5319

johnb5319 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 22, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I've just received my Lolli (COMA) adaptor and it seems similar in design to the Lensbaby with the ball arrangement - how loose it is when you turn it depends on how tight you set the lever. However, I believe the Lensbaby allows you to adjust the aperture on Nikon lenses with the manual aperture control (e.g. G series) whereas the COMA does not.

I won't get a chance to try it for a few days unfortunately.

10. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Ha - got mine a few days ago ! Works nicely, but I think the movement could be a bit fluider and at the same time it feels a little loose in the adaptor part. Very pleased with the thingy otherwise.