Tilt Adaptor: OM to MFT

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Ben, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    Thought I would share this.

http://www.adrianololli.com/articolo.asp?ID=3107

Some of you may have seen the link on the 43rumors website. I've been waiting for somebody to make one of these - thought it would be one of the Chinese guys on eBay!

I received my adaptor (for OM lenses) last week.

It essentially allows you to use OM lenses (there are other versions) like a Lensbaby - i.e. a budget tilt shift without the shift. I love my Lensbaby (I use an EOS fit one adapted to my G1) but find the out of focus areas very "smeary" meaning that a lot of shots just look ugly to me. This is obviously far better as you can use excellent glass.

The adaptor is beautifully made and was delivered incredibly quickly. Adriano's website is a little tricky to navigate if you're not an Italian speaker (I'm not!) but I really can't fault the product or service. Might try some of his other adaptors at some point.

Will post some pictures when I get round to it..... (having a break after shooting and posting a shot a day to Flickr!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ben

Ben Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    London
    Couple of examples as promised...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/benobryan/4301154369/" title="London Art Fair 2010, 1 by Ben Oh, on Flickr"> 4301154369_4d042d46f3_b. "384" height="512" alt="London Art Fair 2010, 1" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/benobryan/4301159983/" title="London Art Fair 2010, 2 by Ben Oh, on Flickr"> 4301159983_cf115e66c6_b. "512" height="384" alt="London Art Fair 2010, 2" /></a>

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Would you mind explaining to me what a Lensbaby is/does?

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I guess I should have just searched. Looks interesting and certainly must be a whole lot faster than the E-P's "art filters".:cool:

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi BB,

you're right - some of the Art Filters are really slow to apply in the camera - which is why I usually prefer to shoot raw and apply the Art Filter afterwards in the Olympus Studio raw converter (I assume you can do the same with Olympus Master - included free with the camera).

You can then shoot at 3fps in raw burst mode if you wish!

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  7. CLTHRS

CLTHRS New to Mu-43

Jul 1, 2010
    I'm going to order one of these for my EOS lenses, but like you, I don't speak Italian & can't easily figure out the order process, so I'll just email him.

Thanks for the link!

Best,
    CLTHRS

8. stanleyk

stanleyk Guest

May 26, 2010
    As an FYI, Lensbaby told me they are coming out with a M4/3 mount by the end of the year. She said Christmas time.