1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tigers to consider...

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Rich_Young, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Rich_Young

Rich_Young New to Mu-43

May 9, 2010
    Chicago
    Hello folks,

Here are two tiger images to consider: the original and the pp'd one. I did the pp in Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. I didn't do a lot, just clarify and unsharpen...not even sure what that means!

I am open to any C&C. Please feel free. I want to learn. I realize it's not the most exciting subject, but I liked the animal's attitude!

Peace,
    Rich

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I like the second one better. It has more contrast, and the tiger stands out more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Rich,
    The 2nd is better as stated by Dragos.
    You simply must put this image on the new kitty thread.
    It will be great there....
    Don

• Like Like x 2
  4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    [​IMG]

as an example of what i would have done pp ......

desaturate backround... burn \ dodge ,the blown areas \dark spots ....
    crop image to make subject more prominant, darken edge same reason, clone foliage to kill blown spotty areas adjust exposure in tiger highlights

i love the attitude in the tiger you have captured , really cool .

edit, yes yes you should have put it in the kitty thread , you must ,lol

many images from the days of film were burned and dodged to better balance light and dark and improve the image, i did this in elements just a quick

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rich_Young

Rich_Young New to Mu-43

May 9, 2010
    Chicago
    WOW....

I need to learn how to post-process. I never did that when I did film. Looks like it will be a new skill I must learn!

Thanks so much streetshooter and cosinaphile. I really like that image now.

Now, may I ask, and I know I am getting into dangerous territory...what postprocessing program would you use. I never realized that I could get results like that, and I guess now I am greedy!

Rich

6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    rich i used adobe elements , in windows . it is similar to photoshop but it is missing many of the more advanced \pro features, its very easy to learn and use and does most of what i need

ive tried photoshop , but ive found it is overly complicated and has a steeper learning curve, most pros \ advanced amateurs swear by it or equiv programs for apple systems

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

softwares for post processing

Rich there's are several threads here in this forum that reference different softwares (everyone has their favorites) but we also have the Software forum which you might want to take a read through. When you find a thread that interests you, please add your questions or comments - or start a new one there.:thumbup:

P.S. I just bumped up a very helpful general overview thread about different softwares that are available and hope it will be a good starting place.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.