TigerDirect: $20 rebate on $100 purchase

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Dec 13, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  2. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Is Tiger Direct better than it used to be? They were notorious for bait and switch, terrible service, inferior goods, etc. They had enticing prices and regretful customers. I'm surprised they're still in business, so maybe they improved.

3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    If you are buying new, brand name goods I don't think you'll have a problem. I bought a VF-3 from them and it was brand new in the box.

Their refurbished goods are hit or miss though. They're all "third party" refurbished, which basically means returned units, used trade ins, or display models. You can get something missing parts and beat up, or pristine. I bought a Sony A37 from them once. The box was really beat up, but the camera had less that 50 shutter actuations and the body and lens were pristine. It was either a fast store return or a demo unit that sat in a case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. robsudac

robsudac New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    *Robsudac*
    That code worked for me a few days ago. I had prior issues with a software rebate that was purchased as a bundled package from Tigerdirect.