1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Tiger

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Tecpatl4, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Went to the Columbus Zoo today.
    There was an inch thick glass between us and her. Which is a good thing, at one point she came right up to the glass and sneered at the little ones.

Drink deep, Shere Khan, for
    when wilt thou drink again? Sleep and dream
    of the kill.

tiger_upload.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    The glass/plasticky stuff can be quite frustrating for photos, what with scuffed bits, frosting and reflections. But there again it's generally better than grills. Maybe there is money for someone who could come up with a safe barrier substance system than allowed for unhindhered photography.
    I got eyed up for lunch a few weeks ago:
    [​IMG]
    Straight down the barrel.
    She seemed quite annoyed with the people edged against her border and was beating the bounds.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    There is an outdoor viewing area but the cats weren't cooperating. I think they were annoyed as well. Of course, if I weighed 500 pounds and was forced to live in an enclosure the size of a basketball court, and be ogled and taunted by endless streams of small ones, I would be annoyed too.

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    London Zoo is planning to enlarge the tiger area by 3 times. The area isn't totally tiny but could do with being bigger and I suspect the tigers want the room to wander, whereas the lions seem fairly contented with lazing about in the same small area all the time.
    They hope that will result in a succesful breeding attempt which failed previously.
    The ones at London are the Sumatran subspecies which is critically endangered.