1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Thumbs for Olympus Customer Service

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by muzee, May 10, 2011.

1. muzee

muzee Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2011
    I usually don't write reviews or comment on service, but on this occasion, I think I should:

My E-pl2 was just 2 weeks old when I cracked the LCD cover. Image my pain! I figured it would cost and arm and leg to fix (not a warranty item), but since the camera was so new, I just had to get it fixed. I called Olympus customer service and was told I had to send in it just to get the estimate - the model was too new; they've never done the repair before.

So I sent it in and waited for their estimate... and waited ... and waited. Finally I gave up and emailed customer service about its whereabouts. I was then told it was sent off to New York for repairs! What? Without even giving me an estimate? Well then I started to hope. I've heard that sometimes with new equipment they'd consider it "broken in the box" and fix it for free. A few days later I got an email saying that the product was approved for repairs and that the cost would be $0.00! I immediately called the Repair Centre to confirm this and was told they did it as "courtesy". I was ecstatic!

The camera is back with me now and working like new. As you can imagine, I'm so much more careful with it now :) 

I know it was a long story, but just felt it had to be told - sometimes people forget to give praise and positive feedback when due. Great Job OLYMPUS!

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.