Through the gate

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Iansky, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    A quick grab shot from this evening taken with the OMD and the 75mm f1.8 lens.

The dog was happy to just sit there and stick his head through the gate.

Through_the_gate1.

2. DaveyA

DaveyA Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    That's such a lovely shot. It reminded me straight away of my old retriever Sam. He was 18 years old when I finally had to take him to the vets for the last time. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. He was a great friend and had eyes just like those of the dog in your photo, they seemed to look right into you and he got his own way all the time. More biscuits? Another walk? Oh alright then.
    Sorry, didn't mean to depress everyone. But that's the power of a photograph, they can stir up lots of memories and emotions.
    Thanks for posting it.

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Davey,

I can sympathise, we had a black lab for 14yrs before having to get the vet out to put her to rest - they came and did it at home in the garden that she loved, still broke my heart though but at least we had many years of fun, exercise, challenges and love.

This is a dog owned by a young lady who was grooming her horse in a field near by so just had to get the photo.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I love this photo! :2thumbs:

5. bluzcity

bluzcity Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    It is the eyes for me, very nice and moving.

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all,

It was a really nice friendly dog that was being a little neglected in favour of the horse so I just had to make a fuss of it the grab the shot before I left.

7. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Ian, I've not read the forum in about a month because we've been in the middle of a move, but it was wonderful to be greeted by this photo on my first visit back here. It is absolutely beautiful in every respect!

8. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Awwww.. love labs!

9. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Ian you made smile! That dog is really nice! I also have a japanese akita inu but still haven't been able to upload a few shots. Overall you caught a special scene and once again the result is great!