Through the Eyes

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by quatchi, Jan 12, 2013.

1. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Last weekend I had the chance to do some portrait work - which was a first for me. What do you think about the image as well as the post-processing? I am happy for any improvement suggestions!

This is the image I came up with. Attached is the original one (no post-processing).

<a href="">[​IMG]"Through the Eyes by Olli H. (olli_muc)) on" border="0" style="margin: 0 0 5px 0;"></a><br/><font style="font-size: 80%;"><a href="">Through the Eyes</a> by <a href="">quatchi</a></font>

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    While I am not into portraits, I'd say this is different, therefore I like the picture. As far as your PP, on my screen the skin tone looks very natural. I like it.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Looks very good to me! :thumbup:
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Cool shot! Those are lovely eyes.

Just a few comments:
    -it might benefit from a more symmetrical perspective, the right side of the face is cropped a little more tightly than the left.
    -I think it might be interesting to bring out some more details, brightness, and colours from the eyes as the focal point. If you are open to post processing, there might be some neat options by using the adjustment brush to boost exposure, clarity, saturation of the eyes.

Just my 2 cents!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Thank you very much for your comments!

When I have a bit more time, I will get back to photoshop for this image and post the results here. I, however, learned quite a bit just by shooting these imags as well as doing the beauty retushing. For the next time I already have some improvements in mind. As always, learning by doing is key. :)
  6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    I like the composition, it is different. :thumbup:

Your model may thank you if you soften a slight touch under the eyes with an adjustment brush, but no too much that it looks false.