1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Thrilled to bits. GH1 en route!!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Eutexian, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Eutexian

Eutexian New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2012
    I just won an essentially unused GH1 body on Ebay. half the price of 2nd hand ones on Amazon. whoop. really looking forward to getting to grips with it.

Can't wait to see how well it performs with the Elmarit (in particular)

Now excuse me while I go lie down and ponder the perils of impulse purchases.

Do I really need 4 Panasonic cameras?

I'm not obsessed, really i'm not.

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Congratulations, but please don't compare the third party Amazon prices; they are completely meaningless. Anyone and everyone can be an Amazon third party seller. Half the time, they are just ridiculous prices set to trick ignorant buyers. For example, if someone that knows nothing about photography and little about the internet sees someone shooting successfully and gets recommended a camera, or they have a certain model camera and it breaks, then they will go online and search for that specific model. Lo and behold, they find that they can buy that model from "Amazon," not realizing that it is not really from them, obsolete, and horribly overpriced. B&H or Adorama used prices, or ebay completed listings are more realistic. If I would have gotten in to m4/3 a little earlier, when the GH1 was selling new for about $350, I would have probably gotten the GH1 over the G2. From what I've seen, the still image quality from GH1 to GH2 is minor, barring the resolution difference.

If you're going to be making impulse purchases, staying on the back-end of the technology wave is definitely the way to go. I saw someone in a thread about the OM-D talking about how he was going to probably keep his E-P3 around, just for those pocketable days. I couldn't imagine buying a $900 camera for, just, you know, whenever I don't feel like taking my main camera around.

3. Eutexian

Eutexian New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2012
    Hi. I only mentioned Amazon due to their prices being similar to the local store. I wanted the body only and so that reduced my choices somewhat - most places and ebay had mainly the full kit. I don't want the kit lens.

Had a playaround yesterday: My Bike.

P10000012_1280x960.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Congrats on the new camera.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Nice bike and a great camera :2thumbs:.

6. Old Picker

Old Picker Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2012
    Cwmbran Wales UK
    great photo.
    please could you let me know what were your settings for this, as it is crisp compared to what I get,
    Thanks
    OP

7. Eutexian

Eutexian New to Mu-43

Feb 9, 2012
    Nothing special... I used the 14-45 lens with the camera in Ia mode (AF-S). handheld in a bright overcast light. The image was Jpeg and i 'lifted' the colour slightly using an Arpeture preset which also added a slight vignette.

I took the picture really just to test the Ia mode.. I'l often use the camera in fully auto mode (for simplicity) when an opportunity presents itself and this was to test that.