Three Shires Head

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by mumrar, Aug 22, 2013.

1. mumrar

mumrar Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    A spectacular waterfall where two rivers converge at the meeting point of three counties, or shires (Cheshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire).

9573516634_6a393fcbf7_c.

Dropping down by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

Three Shires Head, a cracking view after a very sweaty (and could have been shorter) walk. The weather was better than expected though. As always swwms to be the case, Sod's Law was determined to strike again - for this shot I had ordered;

Haida 52mm Slim ND3 filter for just £26.99 - at that price I was dubious over quality but needn't have worried.

Remote shutter

Tripod baseplate (in the bottom of sold 7D :picard:)

The Haida had arrived but the other two did not, but guess what was awaiting me when I returned home this evening from the postman? Grrr, return trip being planned in Autumn. Here is one more showing the wide view.

9570720221_e123808fc9_c.

Three County photo by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

All I want is sun for 1/800th second, do you think I can get it?

Attached Files:

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    These are really beautiful! :thumbup:

3. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Both fantastic shots!!!:2thumbs:

4. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    First one with the Oly 9-18?

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Very attractive.

6. mumrar

mumrar Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    Both of them are. What impressed me with the slim 52mm is I can mount the Cokin P series and add more ND (and hideous colour cast) and it doesn't cause vignetting even at 9mm.

All I want is sun for 1/800th second, do you think I can get it?

7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I like 'em!
    Shame you didn't also have a ladder with you to get a more contextual picture of the two streams coming down, like a higher view of Number2.
    Number1 is the best for me, nice.

8. mumrar

mumrar Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2013
    The camera was balanced at floor level on a rock, had I got the baseplate and remote in time it would have been taken from around 1.5m higher.