A voice bubble with ...
A magnifying glass
A gear

Any way to get rid of them? They appear redundant and are just wasting screen

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
I don't mind the new buttons but the 'recent posts' and 'unread posts' buttons have gone from the top of the page which I found to be very useful. Any chance we can get them back?
Thanks for your efforts to improve the site.
Cheers

Amin Sabet

Administrator
They are at the bottom now in those four sticky buttons.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The advantage of having them down there is that they are always available since that bar is sticky.

Would you prefer to have them in both places?

Speedliner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rob
None have had any value to me.no value to me. Takes a lot of scrolling to get to the Unread button now. The forum was fine. The only way is down, cut it out.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
It takes no scrolling at all to get to the Unread button. It's on the screen at all times as I showed in the picture above.

Speedliner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rob
Yes it does. It's at the bottom of the page. On my iOS devices it takes a lot of scrolling to get to it. The new buttons at the bottom are also in the way of the browser.

I like to visit the forum frequently throughout the day, but latest changes are all nuisance.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Yes it does. It's at the bottom of the page. On my iOS devices it takes a lot of scrolling to get to it. The new buttons at the bottom are also in the way of the browser.

I like to visit the forum frequently throughout the day, but latest changes are all nuisance.
The buttons you say are in the way, there are four of them, right? The second one from the left is the Unread button. It is always there. You never have to scroll at all to use it.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I'm certainly open to feedback. If most members don't like 'em, I'll switch it back. But I see this change as a significant upgrade.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Still don't like em?
There were three now there's 4

They bring zero to me and on mobile just waste screen. They remain there when I am editing too, obscuring the post reply button.

I would describe them as a mild annoyance that brings nothing of use.

Lest see what others think

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Let's see. Maybe it looks different on different phones? Feel free to upload a screenshot. Doesn't take up much space on any of the phones I've tested so far.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Actually just the other day I commented that the site was perfect on mobile, I don't like this change.

There is a philosophy of design that something is perfect not when every facet of functionality is added but when everything not needed is taken away.

Last edited:

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle

Speedliner

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rob
We come here for the people and the content, not for the interface. Not trying to be difficult, but keep it simple please. We don't need this fancy stuff, the interface adds nothing. These little distractions detract.

ahinesdesign

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Aaron
I like the new buttons, and that they are always visible. I don't find them intrusive or in the way of built-in navigation. Only suggestion that I have is to possibly put them at the top of the screen if others find them objectionable at the bottom?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom