Three girls and a guy from Germany.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Chuck Pike, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    Whenever I check out Google Analytics, I see that more people have looked at this one photo more than any other on my site. I took it in the 80’s and was using slide film with my camera set on a tripod and used a cable release. I have no idea which of my Nikon’s I was using, it could either be the N8008 or N90s. Because of the setup they knew that I was taking their picture. This is a group that was visiting the USA from Germany, and they were traveling all over the country. Kodachrome film gave us such great color and the slides lasted for ever if you kept them in the right storage.

You know today, it would be so much easier to get this shot with m 4/3. It would not require my taking 30+ pounds of equipment up steep trails to get to the falls. I could get the same color by running a file from my G3 through Nik Software. Most of what I post here will be using m 4/3, but every so often I might dig back into my older files, like this.

<object width="700" height="553"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="i=I0000xarya8.ib24&b=1"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="true" FlashVars="i=I0000xarya8.ib24&b=1" allowfullscreen="true" width="700" height="553"></embed></object>

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Great picture. I have yet to make it over to Linville falls. As much hiking as I do, I'm glad I went with mFT.
  3. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    I've been there! I also lived in Charlotte, NC for a long period of NC!! Great photo...those film days were great days, but digital is so much easier!!
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The colors are great - definitely wouldn't need the tripod today. :43: is a great system.