Three girls, a car and some heavy rock!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by PeterB666, Jul 19, 2010.

1. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    The title says it all.

[​IMG]

Just a bit of fun and a post-photo rescue job. The subject of the shot was in heavy shade and the background blown out. Using Adobe Camera Raw (from Photoshop CS5) I have been able to reasonably balance the image and bring up the main subject to an acceptable standard. Previously I have been using Olympus Viewer 2 for raw processing but I find the adjustments much easier in Camera Raw (as opposed to CS5 itself which is still a challenge).

Most of the processing was done in Photoshop and then Picasa was used for the final tweak and resizing for upload.

I am not sure exactly how good this image is as I am using a laptop with a terrible screen.

Comments welcome, PeterB666

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Good Lord, what is the story behind that "rock" and the car?!

The photo looks pretty good. The only downside is that the background is quite washed out, but I have no doubt that you've done everything possible to bring it in. No doubt if you showed us the original, it was much, much worse. The important part - those three girls, the car and that heavy rock worked out quite well. Certainly a photo worth saving!:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  3. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    It's "art". An urban sculpture or so the city local goverment thinks.

Thanks. The background was far worse before I slid the 'Recover' option to its maximum setting. That's such a neat tool. It wasn't too hard to get the settings for the girls reasonable enough but the screen on my laptop is very washed out. I normally have a separate monitor plugged in but don't have access to it at the moment.

The photo was really an opportinistic grab (I like those). I was wandering the street with a friend and his Nikon while he was looking for a tree (another story), and one of the girls was taking a photo of the other two. He offered to use their camera to get all 3 of them in the shot so how could I resist taking the opportunity that presented itself?

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thanks for the background, Peter, and I agree - how could you resist, and I'm glad you didn't.:wink: