Threaded or adapter-bayonet hood recommendation

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
I'm looking for a lens hood for the Pentax 55mm/f1.8 that I just picked up. Barring an OE hood (which I gather is even more scarce than the lens [and ridiculously ex$pensive]), I picked up an Altura tulip style hood. Not period correct, but I really didn't care. But the d#@* thing won't thread on. Not onto the filter nor onto the lens itself, so back it goes. Barring paying retail at the closest shop, can somebody recommend a source for either a thread-on hood or one that has a threaded adapter onto which the hood can bayonet (similar to modern lenses)? Many thanks!

ac12

Mu-43 All-Pro
Last edited:

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
^^^^^
Actually, it's kinda funny: I had an epiphany last night. I was spurred to rummage around in an old camera bag where basically I only store unused filters. It occurred to me that under an ancient BC flash was an old hood. I can't begin to tell you what I bought this for, but in there was a 52mm round screw on metal hood like the one in the link. It had suffered some indignities over the years of disuse, but five minutes with a paint pen took care of the shiny nicks, so now I'm GTG on the Ptx 55.

This, my friends is why you never throw anything away.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom