1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Thread titling and tagging

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Mu-43 is becoming a richer resource for MFT users with each passing day. BB was thinking about ways to make all of this information more easily accessible, and I'd like to share a couple suggestions.

First, please keep searchability in mind when choosing thread titles. A title like "G1 users, check this out" will attract a lot of views today, but for a thread about the latest G1 firmware, isn't going to be very useful a month from now when someone does a title search for G1 firmware.

Another tool we haven't used much so far at mu-43 is thread tagging. Anyone can add a tag or multiple tags to any thread. For example, I could tag all the technical tips I find helpful, related to the E-P2 with the tag "e-p2 tip". That way, if I ever want to come back to those threads, I could simply do a tag search for that tag. Note that there is also a tag cloud on the tag search page, so that might be a useful way to browse topics in the future as well.

There are lots of good uses for tags. Find a useful thread with a useless title? Tag away. Want to keep track of discussions about macro? Tag them. Want to keep track of your favorite image threads? Use a personal tag (although nothing can prevent others from using the same tag).

To tag a thread, simply click on Edit Tags at he end of the thread. "Edit Tags" is just above and to the right of the "Quick Reply" area at the end of the thread.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Amin, this is a great tool. It took me a few minutes to see the little "Edit Tags" option in the dar blue "Tags" bar right beneath your post - but now that I do, I get it and tagged this thread. Very handy!:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Brilliant - as the site grows and posts increase the tagging option will be a very useful tool to keep track of info vital to the individual.

Good man, Amin does it again!

• Like Like x 2