Thoughts on Konica AR/EE --> m4/3 adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by naturecloseups, Oct 6, 2010.

1. naturecloseups

naturecloseups Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    I use the Voigtlander N AI --> m4/3 and Novoflex C FD --> m4/3 adapters after I had some disappointments with RainbowImaging adapters (Nikon one had light leak and Canon FD one had a slight play at the m4/3 end which caused E-PL1 display to black out at the wrong end of the play).

However I have an opportunity to acquire some delicious hexanons that I don't quite want to miss. But I notice pretty much the only adapter available for those are the RainbowImaging/RJ Camera/Jinfinance ones.

So question to users of adapted Konica glass -- how well do you like your adapters? Any unpleasant experiences so far. Is there anything I should know before I run to grab those hexanons?

Thanks much in advance!

2. pdh

pdh Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 6, 2010
    I have two RJ AR adapters, one doesn't quite lock to the lens properly, but I'm sure it can be made to. The other is fine, and coincidentally is the most recent one. Both have a touch of "play" at the camera-side but it's never caused me a problem.
    Like many other people report with cheap adapters, they do focus "to infinity and beyond"

The "best" (i.e snug but not too tight fit at camera and lens ends) cheap adapter I have is a Pixco (for PK) but it doesn't necessarily follow that their AR adapter will be equally good.

Here's a good thread on adapters: https://www.mu-43.com/f40/comments-adapters-720/ -- lots of reviews and recommendations

• Like Like x 2
  3. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I also have an RJ adapter (gotten from rainbowimaging on eBay). It works great.

4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    I have two Pixco which are fine. One of my lenses needed some trials before locking, and focus is "a little past infinity". Happy with them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    I have an OM adapter from rainbowimaging that doesn't seem to focus to infinity. Either that, or the lens doesn't. It's a macro lens, I wouldn't expect infinity to be its strong point, but still....

This one's not sharp, for example:

[​IMG]

(This isn't a case of it focusing past infinity, btw, as I tried both infinity and near-infinity and the latter wasn't sharper.)

• Like Like x 4
  6. kappa546

kappa546 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2010
    I also have a Pixco and it works just fine. Mine also focus "past infinity" a little bit. I'm happy with it.

7. naturecloseups

naturecloseups Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Thanks for all the responses! I'll look into these Pixco adapters!

8. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    Australia
    i have the rj and it works very well for me.
    haven't tested "focus to infinity" yet...still learning...
    these samples are using the 40mm 1.8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Vulcanrider

Vulcanrider Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2010
    I have two from RainbowImaging - a Hexanon and an OM for use on my GH1. Both fit snugly and are machined nicely.

I admit to not giving them a critical "focus to infinity" test, however. Maybe tomorrow.

regards,
    Alan

10. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Yep, I just reveived my Rainbow AR to m4/3 adapter. I reckon it's perfect. Looks good, well made and fits nicely.

11. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
  12. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New to Mu-43

My RJ adapter locks perfectly with the 28mm(3.5), 40mm and 135mm (3.5) Hexanons, but does'nt lock with the 57mm 1.4. I need to be very careful with that lens, more so because is my favourite one. If not checked permanently, can get loose very fast.
    Regards,
    Ezequiel

13. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    The Pixco adapter that I got along with my 57mm f1.4 and my 40mm f1.8 locks securely on the lens end with both lenses, with a slight play on the camera end. Both ends are still secure, though. No complaints here!

14. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I had the same experience. The 57/1.4 didn't ever feel like ti was on right but my 40/1.8, 50/1.7 and 28/3.5 all worked great. :eek: