Thoughts from the flea market

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TDP, Oct 14, 2012.

1. TDP

TDP Guest

I was walking around a weekend flea market this evening and one person had a bunch of old metal SLRs on a blanket for sale. It got a lot of attention from passers-by of all ages. It got me thinking....I'm coming from the FF, crop and film (D)SLR world (mostly Canon) and I own an E-M5 and X-E1, it boggles my mind why neither Nikon nor Canon didn't step up to the plate with some form of one of these two cameras.

I think the 5DII and D800 will be viewed as something special in the history of cameras. The EM5 and XE1 can be added to that list.

I can't remember what Canon and Nikon's mirrorless models are called.

2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I'm not counting Canon or Nikon out just yet. Nikon/Canon will eventually trickle down full frame to the masses, and I think there is a still a huge market for them to do that. But once they exhaust the DSLR avenue, I can see them pouring huge amounts of R&D into mirrorless. It will happen.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I think that mirrorless is gaining traction week by week and as more high quality cameras appear I expect that Canon and Nikon will be forced to take the market seriously. Remains to be seen . . .

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.