Thoughts about manual lenses.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What about the fact that manufacturers and some shops claim that lenses built especially for Digtial (sensor) cameras are more sharp. Also because the are better coated at the rear end of the lens against reflections from the digital sensor??

I am using some Leica R lenses, but have not encountered problems of that kind. Off course the R mount adapter is quite a big one taking the end of the lens further away from the sensor.

Any thoughts and experience about that?? Is it true or more a commercial story?

Thanks,

Johan
I don't think that's quite the case. There's one thing that I've noticed with the CV lenses is that they display quite a bit of purple fringing when a subject is backlit. Even the 75mm 1.8 that's just been released and I would assume was made for digital, has the same issue. I might do a test with my other manual lenses and see if they display the same issue, though I'd be surprised to see this with my Leica lens or the Minolta CLE lenses.

Cheers

Ray

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom