1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

This Weekends Hangout - Oregon Coast - USA/Lumix 7-14

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by MrDoug, Aug 18, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Reactions

Reactions Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Norcal
    Gabe
    Love the first photo ! Any shots of the ocean without the campers?

• Like Like x 1
  3. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    That's a heckuva RV! Was there a reason not to take the lawn chairs down to the beach, rather than behind the guardrail? Any swimming or rock climbing opportunities? Looks like a very nice weekend visit.

4. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    • Like Like x 5
  5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks BSH.. lots of swimming and wind sailing - etc.. but I am too Lazy.. I would just rather take photos.. By the way.. this day was only 60 degrees on August 18.. very cold for me.. It hardly ever gets above 70 degrees.. Southern Oregon Coast.. 25 miles North of California border..

6. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Very nice..

• Like Like x 1
  7. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Wonderful shots! Are you coming up north or going into Cali?

Looks like Brookings.

8. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Did you ever get passed at an outrageous speed by a small, dark blue BMW Z4M? If so, that was me. I have had a 17 year old from France visiting my family and he & I did a lightning tour of western Oregon yesterday: Bend->Salem->McMinnville->Lincoln City->Depoe Bay->Newport->Waldport->Corvallis->Eugene->McKenzie River->McKenzie Pass->Sisters->then back in Bend before dinner. He returns to France today.

9. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Doug... nice spot and pics! Do they allow boondocking there? Wish we had the time to run down and visit you too for a bit... but too busy remodeling the house. :frown: Soon, we will be ready to hit the road again.

10. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wonderful pix Doug. You've really taken a liking to that Pany 7-14! Truly a special piece of glass and you wear it well!

Cheers-

Wes

11. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Nice choice of places to hang out! Love the last pic of the beach, boulders and flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. michaeln

michaeln Guest

You guys definitely know how to rough it! ;-)

13. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I liked the others, it was interesting to see your motorhome, but this photo is really nice - looks like a very peaceful spot. Nice temperature as well, we've had a wickedly hot summer, it just cooled off habit in the last two weeks. I'm a winter person and prefer cooler days! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Infinite

Infinite Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 4, 2012
    Over the Rainbow
    S
    Amazing coastline! Those boulders contribute quite a bit of character :D

15. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Don.. Yes, boondocking A-OK.. I even checked with OSP and County Sheriff.. no problem.. this spot is 22 miles north of Calif border Hwy 101.. mile marker 343.. it's probably the best site we have ever boondocked! million dollar view for FREE.. wish you and Sharon were here..

16. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Ya, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.. shessh..:smile:

17. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Thanks tdekany.. we are headed North into Reedsport - Winchester Bay area on Monday.. yes, these shots are 18 miles North of Brookings..

18. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    We maybe going to the coast this weekend around cannon beach and south. Haven't been there when the weather is nice with my new camera. Time to go!

19. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Wow.. I think you were going so fast I missed you.. darn..:smile:

20. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Awesome spot! Will have to check that out. And your images have a wonderful quality to them... you sprinkle some pixie dust on that sensor?

Hopefully we can meet up again as you come this way... before we head south?