1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'This or That' forum for lenses too?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by BigTam, Oct 24, 2012.

1. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    The 'This or that' forum is under 'Cameras'. Now we have such a wide range of lenses, could we have a 'This or that' under 'Lenses' too?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This or that was originally conceived as a place to put Olympus vs Panasonic squabbles in a discrete section. Believe it or not, we had a lot of those in the beginning :rolleyes:. Now it's a place for people to discuss issues comparing Olympus and Panasonic cameras or those cameras and non-MFT cameras.

From what I can tell, most Panasonic body users also use Oly lenses and vice versa. What would be the reason for a 'This or That' lens forum?

3. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Amin, I've noticed quite a few entries in other threads of the type "P45 or O45", "which is better, the 45-175 or 45-200?" and so on. For those contemplating a new lens, it could be useful to have those discussions in one place.

Best,
    Ron

4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My vote is for less subforums....

More subforums just makes it more confusing and requires more moderation. Its happened/happening at the larger forums (TPF for example). People just end up posting to the main equipment forum because it takes less effort and more visibility.

Tthings are already self contained in threads... no need to further subdivide into subforums. Especially for the relatively small membership of this forum.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    +1 - Better to keep it simple.

6. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    +1 - the rule of thumb for forums that I have visited seems to be to make subforums when you get a page of new stuff every day. Until that point is reached, KISS.

7. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    I bow to your experience! And embrace the search function :)