1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

this morning in monroe county

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by caimi, May 20, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    monroemay4.
    oly em5 pan 20mm

monroemay3.
    oly em5 pan 20mm

monroemay2.
    oly em5 pan 20mm

monroemay.
    oly em5 pan 14mm

c/c appreciated

2. sh@iful

sh@iful Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 1, 2012
    Penang, Malaysia
    Shaiful Amdan
    I think your pictures look good! But i like the 1st and last the most.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I love these shots - I'm a country boy at heart. Photos like this have a very peaceful and relaxing feel. :2thumbs:

4. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    nice shots!

5. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    These are all quite lovely, well composed and the slight over-saturation works well to make the point except in the last where the magenta tint looks a bit heavy to me.

6. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Caimi -Wonderful shots. Five years ago, before I had to drive 45 minutes in the country to get to work, I could never have appreciated them. Now every day I wish I had an opportunity to shoot such things. Last week I drove past your third shot on the way to work, as it glowed in the sunlight. Sadly US 231 is a narrow 2 lane with a 4' deep ditch on either side rather than anything resembling a shoulder. Trying to stop would be suicidal.

Thanks for your great aesthetic, and for posting the shots too hazardous for me to attempt.

7. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Lovely shots! I especially love the first shot. I agree with Lew though, that the magenta tint is a bit too much for my taste in most of the shots...

8. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Is it possible the magenta cast is somehow being added in the upload process? The final processed image I have of trout camp road (the last picture) in LR4 does not have it. Colors are natural.

9. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Slim chance.. maybe you need monitor calibration ?
    Also the HDR is quite evident in last picture

10. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Hanzo, would my need for monitor calibration account for a more natural image on my screen and a less natural one here?

11. the_traveler

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    absolutely

12. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    There is a magenta tone both monitors, but I found it rather natural given the time of day. Doesn't bother me.

13. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Okay, so maybe I need monitor calibration. Something I've avoided as much as slamming my head in a door.

14. Crdome

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Caimi. I don't see the need, nor do I recommend you do it. Actual either, though the latter may provide you with a new perspective in viewing.

15. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Dome,

Thank you, I will avoid calibrating my monitor and slamming my head in a door for another day.

16. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    If you only view your images from the monitor. I don't see the need to. Although calibrating is not that difficult.. nor expensive..
    Me.. I occasionally print my pictures, and need color accuracy to avoid wasting expensive inks and papers.

17. the_traveler

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    This is true only if you never send images anywhere else.
    If your monitor(s) are uncalibrated than you have no idea how your images will appear to others.

18. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    I also print from time to time and the printer accurately reflects what I see on the monitor.And generally, the images I send from my system when viewed on other monitors looks like what I am seeing on my monitor (as far as my memory allows since the monitors are not side by side). I actually have calibrated it a few times in the past and it is a task I do not enjoy.

19. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Actually there are other possibilities..one that I can think of is browser colorspace issues.

20. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I certainly could. I'm seeing the magenta cast in the last one too. It jumped out at me because other than that I like the series a lot. Good work.