This is very interesting for MFT :)) Check it ..

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
gus
olympus 45 1.8 with AF or this one f1.2 manual... hmm..I go for the oly. hard to beat..

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I can't really see me spending this sort of money unless its wide-open IQ is on a par with the Panasonic - and that I very much doubt. For most people the Oly 45/1.8 is hard to beat - excellent IQ, small, lightweight and cheap!

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Interesting. If you want subject isolation, this could be the ticket. MF is better for shallow DoF anyway. It's also cheap enough for a special situations lens, i.e., something to complement the O45 or P45.

Serhan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ephotozine Review on A5000:
Zhongyi 24mm f/1.7 Lens Review

Verdict
Here we have a fairly interesting lens, that produces a pleasing, low contrast effect, with good sharpness in the centre of the frame at fast apertures. This lens sports good build quality and it handles well too. The stepless aperture will be a bonus for those who wish to shoot video with the lens, but may take some getting used to for those shooting stills, who may be used to more defined aperture settings. The price of the lens is comparable to other, similar offerings too.

Pros
- Very usable at maximum aperture
- Very good sharpness across the frame when stopped down
- Metal build
- Stepless aperture is excellent for video

Cons
- Low sharpness towards the edges of the frame at fast apertures
- High CA towards edges of the frame

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom