This is not helping! More Oly bodies in early 2013

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by WT21, Oct 22, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    • Like Like x 2
  2. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    1. GX2 (confirmed)
    2. EP-5 (probably)
    3. ??????
  3. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
  4. jair

jair Mu-43 Regular

Feb 14, 2012
    This is definitely helping those of us that wait for OM-D price drop :)
  5. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
  6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I love the idea of a refreshed E-P3. I can even live with the accessory VF-2, but would love the simple things, like a shared battery with the OM-D and the old EP-X styling. It would be nice to see 5-axis IBIS crammed in there, though.

As far as the first m4/3 rangefinder-styled body with a built-in viewfinder, my money is on Panasonic with their GX2. I like the idea of the new sensor in that body even with just the same GX1 body with the new sensor and electronic silent/non-vibrating shutter. Built-in VF would be a nice little bonus!
  7. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Do you mean mu43 bodies? I couldn't find any Olympus products there.
  8. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    It doesn't matter when you buy, there will always be something newer and better around the corner. My advice - if you are in a position to upgrade, feel the need to upgrade and something is available that you would like to upgrade to, then get it now and don't worry about tomorrow. :smile:
  9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Lenses are where it's at....:wink:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    unless they introduce a higher priced "pro" OM-D camera =P
  11. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'll probably stick with the OMD E-M5 / E-PL1 combination I already have no matter what the next greatest brings to market.

If they release a body that's a hybrid contrast/phase based AF integrated into an OMD E-M5 - like body, then I will consider.
  12. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    That would be great. My guess for the second Oly is a PEN with a corner EVF.
  13. supermaxv

supermaxv Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 20, 2011
    this is great news to me, seeing how none of the newer bodies appeal to me at all.
  14. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Makes sense. A m43 version of the Nex 6 in a way.
  15. Omega

Omega Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    Jeez, what a perfect time to buy discounted bodies, well, at least soon. I want to buy an OM-D and possibly another :43: body so I can give it to my parents for them to use and not break mine. :p

Regardless, I'm hoping to see the new EP-5 with a EVF at the corner, like the XE-1. It just screams for it--It would seal the deal for me to not ever buy an XE-1, or a NEX-6/7.

The Panny body body has an interesting design though, it looks like the flash will fold towards the front of the body and just above the lens.
  16. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    Ohh, and I hope that if Oly introduces a new OMD that it will up the video to be competitive with the GH3. That would be sweet.
  17. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    U said it !

18. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    That would be great. My guess for the second Oly is a PEN with a corner EVF.

That's what I'm waiting for.