This Forum has changed so much.. I'm BAILING

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MrDoug, Sep 28, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Since I joined 1 yr ago.. this forum has changed so much to my dislike.. way different.... tons of awesome folks on here though.. just not for me anymore.. just my honest opinion..
  2. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    in which way has it changed to make you want to leave
  3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    I've noticed your not around much anymore, as it is for alot of the old regulars. Your correct that it has changed vastly, in feel and tone, but I've yet to find another community to replace it. If you know of one please inform via pm if possible. Sad to hear your no longer comfortable here, I am not at the point yet but have been close. Hope you find someplace you enjoy. Cheers...
  4. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Sorry to hear that Doug. I've been avoiding a lot of thread topics on here myself. Just trying to keep active on image threads and viewing others. Hope to keep in touch with you though.
  5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    I still think it is the most friendly, encouraging group of photographers (and some gearheads) I've ever found. Has it changed? That's inevitable, but no doubt so have you. Sorry to see you go, but if you're leaving because of change, you won't stay long anywhere.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Fair enough - each to their own. Seeing as you obviously think it's important enough to start a thread for, would you care to tell us what has actually changed to your displeasure?

For me - yep it's changed. Since I joined a couple of years ago Micro Four Thirds has grown a great deal as a system and the forum has grown a great deal with it. That said, I still find it overwhelmingly positive, informative and friendly. It remains my most used photography website :smile:
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Sorry to hear that you feel that way Doug, you think maybe that posting a thread with a title like this is more the problem than the solution? You don't have to kick the door down when you leave.
    • Like Like x 18
  8. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Honestly, that wasn't a very informative opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. donlaw

donlaw Mu-43 Regular

Aug 19, 2011
    Don Lawrence
    Sorry to hear that you are leaving. I have found this site and the Serious Compacts site to be very interesting and informative.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Well the forum is largely what you make it. I skip most threads. I click on almost all image threads. There's a lot of nice people here. It certainly is nothing like that other forum we all know and mostly avoid. Nothing at all.
    • Like Like x 10
  11. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Since I joined less than 1 yr ago...this forum has changed so much...though I'm not gonna explain why but act like a 2 year-old...lots of nice people on here though....just not for me anymore..though I'm still gunna sell my OM-D on this site...just sayin'.
  12. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    I just arrived here recently. My impression is great so far. Plenty of people ready to share their knowledge, and very few trying to stuff their opinions down my throat. It's quite refreshing actually. Forums do change, no argument there, but it would be great to hear what is upsetting Doug.
  13. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi Doug,

Notwithstanding the nature of your decision to leave, I've thoroughly enjoyed the images you've posted that were photographed with your Pany 7-14. In fact, your images played an integral role in my decision to invest in the lens... For whatever it's worth, I'm sorry to see you go.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jsusilo

jsusilo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    I'm new to this forum, have gotten 'benefits' over the past few months mostly in the form of shared opinion by just browsing through the various posts, old and new, wish I had more time to do more and contributes some back but time is not permitting at least not to the extent I'd like to. With time I may no longer be interested in browsing, either the content becomes 'ordinary / not appealing' or I simply do not have the same interest in :43: and or photography in general. Either way the contribution this forum had made will not be forgotten :smile:
  15. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    Sorry Doug, I don't know what you find so offensive. It seems the posts here are mostly friendly and supportive. I really have only seen a small number of posts that were "troublesome." Perhaps you could elaborate. I know I'm certainly in the dark about what you are referring to.
  16. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Could not be less bothered about people who announce that they're leaving a forum. I mean... just leave. Who do you think cares. It's a very self-centered, attention seeking thing to say "this place is going downhill, I'm out", as if it's a vital PSA.
    • Like Like x 9
  17. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    I don't know, Mr. Doug has been a long-time contributor to this forum. I'm sad to see him go, and curious about his reasons. I think if he'd just faded away we'd all wonder where he'd gone.

So, Mr. Doug, was it anything I said? :wink:
    • Like Like x 3
  18. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    As a relatively fresh member of this forum I don't have the view what Doug is referring to but for me this is by far the best.

We all are different and that's a good thing, I think. Let us stay that way and let us find the richness of us being different. It's incredible that we share common interests even though we are coming from all over the world.

Of course we argue because I know just about everything worth knowing but thank God there is a few who thinks the same about them selves and are willing to put me... if not down then at least a bit lower :biggrin:

I know that at least for me there is only one option to find an unbroken peace and a common understanding: I would have to get my own forum with only three members, me, myself and I. I'm not sure if that would be interesting enough though :rolleyes:

Please Doug, stay with us.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have been on this forum for almost a year and I have not noticed any great change. There have been a couple of threads that got out of hand but moderators have stopped the worst of it. The thing I like the most about this thread is that it is alive! I am a member of several other forums and this one is the most active. Most of the people here are respectful even if they disagree. Please don't let a few bad eggs cause you to leave.

PS if I am one of the bad ones just let me know.:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. muzza

muzza Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2012
    Sorry to hear you are unhappy Mr Doug. I am new to this forum, and have found the people on this forum polite, knowledgeable and above all helpful. I have used other forums but found that they have much better photographers than me who have not much time for an amateur like me. I agree that Maybe we should all contribute more, specially to the contests forum. Saw that you could win a camera on one. Could we do that again???? Wow chance to win a Camera to be voted by your peers!!!!! Tell us how we can improve not just say were rubbish!!!!