1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

This evening from my balcony

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nickthetasmaniac, Feb 27, 2013.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Some untouched RAW's, imported into Aperture 3 using default settings.

EM5 + m.ZD 75mm - I like this combo very much :smile:

8512925612_e6b614ce4d_b.

8512925086_bbe9769ea0_b.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

My backyard view! ;)

It's certainly a lovely view Nick. A lot better than what I see (& have been seeing lately) from our balcony. :rolleyes:

Heavy_Rain-s.

Havagoodwun mate!

:drinks:

• Like Like x 4
  3. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Unfortunately I don't have a balcony...:frown:

4. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I have to disagree. I love the woodlands and stream. I'm not a city kinda guy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    These are both MUCH better views than I have from my window !! :tongue:

6. Ross the fiddler

I had to help my son move into a house in near the city (Sydney) & I feel much better when I'm back out of the city regions & back home. It isn't so comforting when we see flames though (which we have been spared this summer thankfully) unlike other areas including Tasmania which copped it rather badly this time.
    BTW, it only looks like a stream in heavy rain. The real stream is further down the valley (or gully).

I guess we can be thankfull for what we have, but Nicks view is rather nice. :smilie:

7. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks everyone :smile:

Ross, that looks very wet! It's been frighteningly dry down here... Even up in the mountains where we usually get 3000mm of rain a year :/

8. Ross the fiddler

That photo was just of a heavy storm last August, but the latest heavy downpours happened all day on the 28rd Jan & into early morning of the next day & also the same happened last Saturday (to Sunday) on the 23 Feb with about 136mm (5.35 inches) falling each time. The first half of Summer was a bit scary dry & was extra scary when it reached 46 degrees celcius (115 farenheit) here in January, especially when there were already fires around the state & some low down losers were deliberately starting them & others from lightning. Anything over 40 degrees is not good.

We've just had a few warm days with it now cooling off with it being occasional or possible showers or storms & is raining again tonight, with showers (or possible) continuing. I just checked the records & forecast; it got to 29.8 degrees today & will only get to 17 tomorrow & raining. :eek:

I hope you get some useful rain down there. I was chatting to someone leaving Devonport for Victoria last weekend & he mentioned it was dry for the two weeks he was there but pouring while he waited to get on the ferry.

:drinks: