1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Third Party Battery: This one shows battery level

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CCRoo, Dec 8, 2012.

1. CCRoo

CCRoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Now you tell me about it! Just received my wasabi pack last night. You receive 2 batteries, a car charger as well. $23.99. I can live without the indicator.

If you get it, let us know.

3. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    Saved to my Wish List! I'll have to pick up one or two.

4. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Toronto
    I ordered 2. Waiting to see if they actually do work.

5. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    In addition to shoiwing level they also claim that it works with the Olympus charger. This would be a big deal.

Here's what it states:

"This Battery is Capable of showing battery status including battery level and remaining usage time on your camera, It also can be charged by original BCN-1 charger."

I have one on order - I think I placed the order about three (3) days ago. I wanted to see if it works before I posted. I'll update this thread when I get my copy.

woof!

6. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    Oooh... I hope this pans out...

7. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    Mine arrived. It is on the charger and is charging now... somewhat more full report to follow...

8. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    Is it on the Olympus charger? If it runs on that, I'm buying one.

9. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    It's a 5 pin battery, 5 pin charger. Should work on the OEM charger.

10. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    "Should work" isn't an answer.

I've seen five contact clones that DON'T work in the Oly charger!

11. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    What the heck are you guys talking about? My aftermarkets from a while back show indicator just fine.

12. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Earlier I tested one of the 2 wasabi batteries and the indicator was showing.:confused::confused::confused:

13. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    The battery gauge may show up but I don't think it works (doesn't update, the battery may drop to near-zero quickly or shutsdown without warning).

Especially those with 5 pins that can not be charged with Olympus' charger.

14. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    I've got a pair of 5 pin knock-offs which do not charge in a BCN-1. I am pretty sure three of the 5 pins are just dummy contacts

15. Rafak88

Rafak88 New to Mu-43

Oct 3, 2012
    Hi guys I bought this battery and using it for about 2 weeks now works fine! Charges in the olympus charger and displays the battery level!! The only issue is that sometimes the battery indicator disapear but just turn the power off/on again and it starts showing again!!! For me works perfectly!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  16. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    The EZOPower charged on the OEM charger. No excessive heat, or issues. Fits the camera and grip fine. No observed issues. I am scheduled to shoot a full session tomorrow and will be able to tell you more then.

My relatively accurate digital postal meter reveals that the OEM battery and the EZOPower batteries are the exact same weight, which is also encouraging... no half cell batteries or the like.

I am not endorsing this battery, not do I have a financial stake in the company. Purchasing and using these batteries is strictly an assumption of the risk inherent in purchasing and using inexpensive batteries, and I will not be responsible for any loss.

woof!

17. phillypino215

phillypino215 Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2012
    in for more reviews.

18. slippers

slippers New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2012
    All of the third-party batteries will display the battery symbol when you turn on the camera, but the indicator will not show anything but "full" until they run out, without warning. Wasabi, Premium Tech, Butterfly, etc, all work this way.

If the EZO cells actually display the medium and low indicator without cutting off at some random point, then they are actually decoded properly.

19. foosion

foosion Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 29, 2012
    How well do they work - number of shots, charge time, charger charges OEM battery, etc.? Is slippers right that they don't show battery level properly?