1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Third Party Battery Grips

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by comptr, Jun 16, 2015.

1. comptr

comptr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
  2. ashburtononline

ashburtononline Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    New Zealand
    Personally I use HLD7's with zero issues /trouble at all ! I suppose if you cannot afford them you have little choice but I wouldn't expect much .....

3. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    There was a thread at dpreview a week ago asking the same question, was that you? One person who replied was happy with his knock-off grip, but another person bought the same one and said it doesn't work. You probably already know you can get a gray market HLD-7 on ebay for $126 incl. shipping.

4. comptr

comptr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    No it was not me I Just happened to look on amazon and found the 2 battery grips on amazon and thought I would ask here as I have never head of those brand names and was looking to see if either one would be a good buy. I have been looking for a battery grip but did not want to spend 200.00 on one. I did not know that gray market ones are 126 on eBay I will have to look.

5. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Disclaimer: Don't use a grip, never really liked them.

But check to see if the manufacturer makes grip for other bodies / systems. Check the reviews on those. Not fool proof, but it might help since neither have been reviewed.

6. comptr

comptr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
  7. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    It's so weird. The reviews are for BSL-1 replacement batteries. At least that's what I see on my computer.

8. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I was tossing up whether to buy on of the $74 AUD Chinese clones on ebay and almost pulled the trigger but then one of our local distributors had a special on the real thing for $100 so I bought that instead...

9. renegade

renegade Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2015
    rey
    i had those kind of grips on my E-M1. got it 60USD from ebay includes 2 batteries. and i cant really tell in depth since it's just less than a week with me and i havent really used it in the real world.

so far, i think ive done at least 5hrs of testing. it work pretty well. quality is not good though but not bad. buttons are working as it should be. but the trigger feels cheap and a little unstable. well what would you expect from a 60USD grip. i think it's a clone from the original HLD7, pretty close. it has detail and function of the original HLD7

all in all. so far, all i can say is that i got my 60 bucks worth