Thinking of experimenting: Canon EOS 3 film + EF 50mm 1.4

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by cpt000, Jun 14, 2013.

1. cpt000

cpt000 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    Just want to experiment with full frame - currently have an e-p3 + PL 25. I figured with the cost of film & # of photos I take, the total cost would actually be cheaper than an equivalent digital full frame.

I have never handled an SLR before so I'm wondering what the results would be like.

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Have a nosey over here on the forum - we've got you covered :)

If you want ease of use, no hassle shooting try a late model Canon or Nikon - the metering and AF will get you some nice images.

Alternatively, if you want to learn - an early manual camera from any of the big manufacturers (Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Canon etc) will do the job and you get to learn the ins and outs of manual focus, metering, aperture etc.

I'd probably avoid the late early 80's/90's consumer grade stuff with too much electronics - if you do get something from this era go for a pro-grade body - still cheap but is more robust and likely to function fine for many years to come.

For a simple cheap point 'n shoot you can't go wrong with an Olympus Trip (or Canon Canonette) or later Mju.

Happy Shooting :)