1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Think you're a "Street Photographer"??

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by digitalandfilm, Aug 17, 2013.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    And the French wonder why they have a reputation as abrupt and rude, although I am sure people like this are the exception. Regardless of the issues of it being a second language, this is still poorly written and laced with cheap racist language designed simply to outrage for no useful reason.

A troll. Pure and simple. Which is a real shame after the brilliant essay on the same site less than a fortnight earlier.

Southwestern Russia with a Leica Monochrom and 35 Lux by Daniel Zvereff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Gordon

3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Too much writing, not enough pictures! :wink:

4. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    I tend to disagree.. the writer made some valid points which to me (a street photographer) were relevant.

The article you talked about was nice, but predictable and uninspiring.

If you come away with something then the author succeeded.

5. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Toronto
    Meh, I shoot street a lot and I couldn't bring myself to finish reading that mess.

I don't know why people bother to read about how to do street photography. And when I found out people where paying to go to workshops with some dude name Eric I was even more surprised.

To me it's just what catches my eye when I am out and about. And it seems for most people that is what they shoot.

Just talking about this is making me wonder why bother talking about it...

6. luiztakei

luiztakei Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2012
    Luiz
    We might not agree with some (or many) of the author's opinions but I liked to see photography discussions here.

Thanks for sharing it with us, Don.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

7. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Wow! That was painful to read. At least many of the comments taking the author to task (especially #48) were interesting reading. In the age of the internet, when everybody can be a publisher, I guess that everybody on the receiving end needs to act as their own editor. I never cared much for the articles written by the owner of the site, so I am not surprised that I do not care for his guest authors. To each their own.

--Ken

8. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Sorry, I saw that as a shameless piece of self promotion and marketing. Someone should take him to oneside and tell him he's trying to hard.
    The hints and tips he gave I have read many times, choose the camera you like, choose the lens that renders how you like, frame the picture to how you like etc.