Think Tank Retro 5 bag users/set-up.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by goldjim, Sep 1, 2011.

1. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    I'm interested in how 4/3 users have this bag set-up with their gear. Camera/lens verical/horizontal, etc.

2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    basically have the default setup, no extra padding used. GF1 unmounted in the center or with the pancake mounted, EVF on top. Left and right are used for whatever lenses fit =)

Front pocket can fit a flash if needed, but I have an ultrapod in there right now.

I have the rain cover stuff in the back external zippered pocket.

If I want more space, I have lens changer I attach to the side loops. It's a tight fit, but works. I usually do this if I'm going on an outing and use it as a water bottle holder.

I may have to adjust a bit though. The G3 won't fit where the GF1 was (EVF sticks out too far).

3. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    The EVF is a problem for me<VF2>. It fits in the bag attached to my EPL2 but it's hard taking camera/EVF out while on my shoulder. I just took it off and put it in it's case seperately. Much better fit with camera/lens in middle of bag lens facing front of bag.

4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    can't take the EVF off the G3 =)

5. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    I currently have it in the default set up also and not moved the deviders yet. I have the camera (GF1) in the middle section with lens attached usually the oly 9-18 with the pany 20mm and 14-45 in there pouches and evf in one side and my metz flash in the other section. in the two small side pockets on the one with my lenes I have my pinwide and lens and body cap. the one with my flash holds my spare battery and remote control release.

Thought that the bag would give me plenty of space but that taken it nearly al up, still not planning on getting any more lenes (wel............ :rofl:) nice bag and glad I got it. Although I can't really fit the camera in with view finder attached which is a bit of a hassel.

6. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    I have ep3 with 20mm and evf in the middle,(a bit tight but doable) On one side I keep 38mm pen F lens, oly 12mm. On the other side I have 100mm pen F, and oly OM 50mm 1.4 All adapted lens's have there own adapters on them. Also I baught several extra rear caps and epoxyd them together. It makes lens changing much quicker, and I don't need a third hand(or mouth as the case often is). In the front pocket I keep some cleaning supplies a few filters, and the hood for the 38mm. The inside pocket holds 2 spare batteries, and the cord to atach to my computer. the rear pocket has the camera manual in it (as useles as it may be). This small bag holds a lot. I am very happy with the purchase.......Chris

Ps I also have a very small bag that just holds the camera and a spare lens, for when I want to travel extreamly light.

7. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    I can get my camera in with the VF2 but it's a tight squeeze and as I mentioned extremely difficult to remove the camera/viewfinder fron the bag and put it back while on my shoulder.

8. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Retro 5

Alan,

Just curious, do you put your 9-18 lens in the bag with the lens facing forward or towards the side of the bag? I find by putting it forward it leaves more room in the sides for lenses.

9. tolesy

tolesy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 14, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I am seriously considering this bag. Can you guys post some pictures with your gear inside and then the bag on your body?

Thanks a bunch!

10. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan