1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 30i

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by geoawelch, Jan 14, 2014.

1. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    Good morning!

Anyone here have experience with this bag?

The goal is a bag for air flight to carry 1 camera, probably 3 lenses (including 100-300) and room for iPad and a few magazines.

As a recent m43 convert, my other bags are too roomy for the diminutive size of the new gear.

Thanks,

George

2. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
  3. mcrosa

mcrosa Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Mike Crosa
    I got one and I keep the em-1, 70-300, 60mm and 17mm. Plus the small flash. I have a Kindle Fire 7" HDX which fits in side. In the outer pocket I am keeping the lens pen and a few batteries. Don't think the magazines would fit. You would have to download the magazines to the IPad. Thats what I plan to do with my Kindle.

Hope this helps.

4. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    Great Mike - thanks. That's what I was afraid of. Have been thinking about the TT Retrospective 7 or the new DNA from Tenba. The DNA is so new there doesn't seem to be many real world reviews yet.

Thanks again

5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have the TT30i and it holds two GX1 bodies, 9-18/14/20/45/75 and 45-175 as well as my full sized iPad.

If the magazines are no bigger than an iPad you can probably get a couple in there with it. I will check when I get home today if I have any mags as I usually get iPad versions.

6. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    Hi Richard

Thanks - is it jam packed with that equipment in there?

I would have the E-M1, 12-35, 100-300 and one or two of the primes

The hope is to have this as my sole carry on - thus the requirement for the ability to carry full size ipad and a couple of magazines

7. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If you don't mind the magazines protruding out of a pocket, the Tenba Vector 3 that I just got would do the trick. It's got a back pocket that is perfect size to stick a couple of magazines into it. Any smaller bag won't fit the magazines, and any bigger bag is basically sized for a DSLR outfit. Also currently a screaming bargain for $24.95 and free shipping at Cameta. The iPad would fit inside on top of the compartments housing your gear.

8. Screamin Scott

Screamin Scott Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Atlanta Ga. Metro
  9. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    Thanks Doug and Scott

Doug I'm afraid I wouldn't be happy with the bag for my purpose.

10. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    Thanks for the helpful replies. Just ordered the Tenba DNA 11 from Adorama

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    I tried to like it. However, it just didn't work for me. It sat uncomfortable at my hip. I also don't like magnets for closure.
    Finally it opens in an odd way and puts the iPad at the front. I'd rather the iPad be closer to my hip.
    I ended up returning it.

I've become a bit disillusioned with camera bags after two of my Domkes had issues - one of them self-destructed with only the E-M1 in it after about a month.
    So I decided to make my own camera bag out of what I used for my daily carry-around bags.

Instead, I bought a Crumpler Dry Red No 2 and put a Large Haven in it for the camera. That left room to slide in my iPad, some clothing and some snacks and a water bottle. Alternatively, I can use it without the Haven insert by putting a Zing case on my E-M1, and putting my 75-300 in an Optech lens wrap. Any other lenses like the 12mm go in wraps too. I consider that my "camera bag".

The Zing case actually gets more use because I feel it protects the camera when I want to just shove it in my messenger bag heading out the door to the office and I might not want to carry a separate camera bag.

Dry Red No 2:
    http://www.crumpler.com/us/dry-red-no-2

Zing Case:
    http://www.adorama.com/ZGCBK.html

Optech Lens holder:
    http://www.adorama.com/OTFOP354.html

Large Haven:
    http://www.adorama.com/CLHVLRB.html

12. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    I use the MM30 as my everyday bag. It carries my iPad, a gx7 or em5 with up to the 12-35, and one or two other lenses, including the 9-18 and 45-150. There's room for accessories (extra cards, batteries), keys, Id card, etc. Seems exactly the right size to me.

13. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    I use the MM30i right now. It's pretty good since I used to shoot out of a Urban Disguise 60 v2. The iPad Air sits close to my hip, I use it with a TT Skin belt with SpiderPro holster. The magnetic flap thing is kind of funny and doesn't really serve any purpose but the flip lid is excellent for shooting straight out of the bag if you need. I fit an EM1 with RRS plate, 17/1.8, 12/1.8, 12-40/2.8 Pro, 42.5/0.95 nokton, 75/1.8, and 45/1.8 in the bag with 2 extra separators. I also fit 2 extra batteries in the outer pouch, a Pixel Pocket Rocket with about 8 SD cards, and an iPhone 5S in the bag. It's packed decently tight but is pretty much my entire kit minus lighting which is a separate bag.

14. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    Thanks for the additional replies. In addition to the DNA11 for travel, I just picked up a Crumpler 5 million dollar home from Adorama as a working bag - they have a deal going on until 2/1

15. iluvgf5

iluvgf5 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    I am using a vanguard heralder 33 and holds my em1 with 14-54mm mk2 attached plus 70-300mm, 60mm, 25mm. Will be able to add comfortably a fl-600r, accessory pouch and it has a laptop sleeve and I am able to fit my razer blade 14" much like a MacBook Pro so iPad is definitely doable.

16. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I looked at the MM30 but didn't like the way it opened. Opening the magnetic flap does not allow access to the interior of the bag. I bought the 20 instead - with the main compartment unzipped the top can still be closed with the magnetic flap. The Mirrorless Mover 20 is just the right size for a GX7 and 25/1.4, Sigma 60/2.8 and Panasonic 14/2. The one complaint I have is the strap supplied with the bag. I will substitute the strap from my Domke 5XB.

17. katiedaddy

katiedaddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    MD, USA
    Where did you source the extra separators?

18. Whtrbt7

Whtrbt7 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2014
    Oh you can order extra ones from TT or if you use other TT bags, they normally come with extra. Oh and regarding the 30i, the main reason why they left the top flip open is so you can have faster access to your gear like on the Urban Disguise line of bags. The magnetic flip closure is good but I normally just dig right in to the compartment to grab the camera a la holster style or I'll take out a lens or flash quickly. If you like something with a flip top, the retrospective line is normally better at that but no zipper for closure like the MMs or UDs. Talking about this stuff makes me want another bag lol.

• Like Like x 1