1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 mini review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by colorado_photog, May 14, 2013.

1. colorado_photog

colorado_photog Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Colorado
    8737655106_ab824dd427_z.
    Mirrorless Mover 20 by MLR Photography, on Flickr

Think tank sent me a Mirrorless Mover 20 last week before the were officially available. The mm2o is a small but good sized bag as you can see from my photo you can fit a lot of gear into it. It is very well made, seems very durable and well thought out. It has enough pockets for filters batteries etc. It also has memory card slots and a place for a cell phone buit into one of the dividers which is a nice touch. I was looking for a perfect bag for my OM-D and this one fits the bill. The only draw back to this back is that you can't fit a ipad or kindle but they do have a bigger one that will.

Mirrorless Mover 20

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Mine is on the way and should arrive this week. Hope to give it a nice test while on vacation.

3. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Looks like a great bag for m4/3.

It would fit my kit perfectly. If I didn't already invest in a nice ONA bag I would have gotten this. Thanks for the shot of the inside loaded with your kit.

4. cmpatti

cmpatti Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a bag to hold my travel kit and an ipad, and it looks as if the larger Think Tank (the "30," I believe), might be the ticket. One potential problem is the zippered top. In shoulder bags, I prefer a flap closure with a single buckle, which generally makes for faster, one-handed access. Do you find access cumbersome?

5. colorado_photog

colorado_photog Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I leave it half unzipped so I can reach in an grab what I need

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    :eek:

7. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    That was one big enchilada hanging out there. I didn't want to go there after having made jokes about proctologists in another thread.

8. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm liking this bag a lot. However, it is hard to find in Canada, and $80 when you can find it ($54 USD MSRP).

At this rate, I'm tempted to buy from adorama and pay $8.80 shipping + $18 tax/duty...still cheaper than buying from a Canadian retailer!

Come on guys....

I need something to fit my G5 + 14-54 + 45-175 + flash and sometimes the E-PM2+P14....

9. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL

_DSC0213 by blacktan92, on Flickr

I am very happy with my Billingham Hadley Digital. I carry my OMD with grip on, kit zoom lens mounted and 40-150 zoom too. Room left over.

10. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
  11. Trankster

Trankster Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2013
    Irvine, CA
    Michael
    I am curious if and how you would fit a OM-D EM-5 with a zoom (e.g. Oly 12-50mm) or larger lens attached; lens pointed down? All the pictures show a short lens on the camera inserted on its side. This looks like a perfect case for day's outing with an extra lens or two plus accessories.

12. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yes. I have the MM10 (same height), and I can fit the EM5 lens down with 40-150 & reversed hood mounted.

--
    Sent from my Kindle Fire HD. Please pardon my brevity!

13. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well after whining about the MM20 and lazily trying to return it (the B+H deadline came and went...) I faced a three day trip so I needed to use it.

Couldn't decide what to bring so I ended up leaving the beloved 14-54 II at home and in the MM20 I put the following:

G5+Sigma 30 incl strap
    E-PM2+P14 incl strap
    45-175X
    3 extra batt for G5
    2 extra batt for E-PM2
    (that's a total of 7 batteries!)
    Lens cloth
    A few SD cards
    Rain cover

The bag worked great and it was so light even packed. Complaints are few: that the top flap pocket has a lame piece of velcro, and the front pocket is too slim. But otherwise a great bag!

I could have put the G5+14-54 but it would take up the whole bag...far less versatile a setup as what I ended up packing!

14. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    ^^
    Yes, this bag has quickly become my favorite, displacing the Domke F-5XB. I just ordered the 30 for the times I want to carry more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

15. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    How is the MM20 with a gripped E-M5? I have a small Tamrac bag now that is perfect for a naked E-M5 w/12-50 and one other lens, but with the JB Designs grip (which is not huge) it's just too much.

16. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I don't have that grip. I use the RRS bottom plate only, and it's fine. I think it would be OK with the RRS grip, and thus the JB, but it depends what else you want to carry. It's quite a small bag.

17. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Thanks. Ideally I'd want to carry E-M5 w/grip & lens + two other lenses. Combination of 12-50, 25/1.4 and 45/1.8.

18. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    That might work if you mount either the 25 or the 45 and stash the camera sideways. I've stowed my EM5 face-down with the 40-150R mounted w/o a grip. I don't know if the grip on a face-down camera would be a problem with the dividers. BTW, I don't like to pack things too tight, so if you like things tighter, you can squeeze more in, I'm sure. :smile:

19. Trankster

Trankster Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2013
    Irvine, CA
    Michael
    As others have said, it is a small bag. I have an EM-5 with a half case that adds about 1/4" to the base. It is a snug fit, but not forced. With my 12-35mm zoom attached I had to remove a divider and insert the camera LCD down or on its side. (It did not fit well lens down.) There was about 2" of width left at the second divider, enough for a pancake size lens and small LM2 flash. I have used the case when all I want to carry is a minimal kit, camera, flash and spare batteries.

20. daveinamblerpa

daveinamblerpa Mu-43 Regular

Hi.
    I' m thinking of taking the omd
    with Olympus horizontal grip attached to 12-50,9-18,17-1.8,and 40-150 plus an extra battery and some filters Do you experienced mm20 users think this would fit or should I get the 30? I do have an ipad mini but I don't see the necessity of carrying it everywhere

Thanks
    Dave