Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10 - Mini Review & Images

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by twokatmew, May 16, 2013.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    My MM10 just arrived, and when I saw how small it is, I immediately thought I'd have to send it back. But ... the bag is nicely made of quality materials and clearly well designed, so I decided to see what gear I could fit inside and how accessible it would be. As it turns out, I can fit a lot in this tiny bag! So ... I just cut the tags off. :2thumbs:

I moved the divider so I could just fit my E-M5 with 17/1.8 mounted sideways and my Samsung GS3 & case in the phone pocket. That leaves a narrow space for a few small accessories. Just guessing, I could probably fit the FL-300R with the kit flash in that space. The top of the case still closes easily with the lens cap from my 14/2.5 in the pocket inside the lid. Note that my E-M5 is wearing the RRS BOEM5 plate. In this orientation, there might even be room for the matching grip and L-plate.
    think_tank_mm10-1.

If I remove my GS3 (too tall) and insert the camera lens down, there's still room for the 45/1.8 beneath the mounted 17/1.8 ... or the camera with 40-150R mounted and bayonet hood reversed.
    think_tank_mm10-2.

With the 40-150R & reversed hood mounted, the 14/2.5 fits sideways in the bottom of the space to the right of the pocket, leaving more space on top.
    think_tank_mm10-3.

And finally, here's the case next to the E-M5 with RRS plate & 40-150R/hood mounted, along with my GS3 in its case.
    think_tank_mm10-4.

In addition to the main compartments, there are two side pockets on the outside of the bag. The right side pocket is stretchy, while the left side pocket is gusseted. Inside the front zip pocket, there's yet another pocket that contains a detachable rain shield. With or without the shield stowed inside, there's room for a few small accessories.

The MM20 (next size up) is quite close in size to my Domke F-5XB, so I'm glad I managed to fit so much into this tiny little bag. This is my first Think Tank bag, and so far, I'm very, very impressed ... even moreso considering the bag currently sells for ~$45. :biggrin: :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Whoa! That's tying the knot! No turning back ... :)

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    No turning back! Actually this is the nicest bag of this size I've seen yet, and it'll be perfect for carrying everywhere with a body and lens and a few extras. :biggrin:

4. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Interesting!
    So....Mirrorless ??, Speed Demon and ?? Domke are on my list.

The Billingham Hadley Digital is an incredible bag when I carry my
    OMD+ grip, kit zoom and tele zoom.
    Added a Billingham pad.

Thinking of an L2 for 2 camera bodies. The other is a Nikon1V1....

5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have the MM20 and like it so much I am thinking about replacing my other smaller/larger bags with the MM10 and MM30.

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Same here! I like the MM10 so well I got the MM20 and have been using it instead of my Domke F-5XB. I also have an F-10 that's seldom used, as I usually only take a subset if my gear with me. But it *has* occurred to me to buy a MM30 too. :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for the write up. I REALLY wanted to like the MM30i as the inside configures perfectly for my OM-D with anything from a 4-6 lens kit and accessories etc. Unfortunately the top flap rear-facing zipper + faux flap design, just doesn't work for me. Too hard to unzip loaded bag while wearing. I prefer a standard messenger bag top flap design. Gonna return it and give the MM20 a try as I don't have a smaller minimalist bag yet. :(

8. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yes, I noticed the zippers were different on the MM30, but I haven't seen any pics showing how the bag opens. Sounds like I might not like it so well either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Wish the bags were available in Canada for what they cost in the US...highway robbery here.

think tank bag from Henrys here:
    $100.00 cdn plus 13% tax out the door.. THINK TANK MIRRORLESS MOVER 30 CHARCOAL TTK-6647

Think Tank site

Mirrorless Movers

B&H final cost is $144.41 shipped to my house in 2-4 days....thanks a lot! :(

Sequel: I am a bagaholic. At one point I bought a Think Tank Urban Disguise 40. Selected carefully...to house my d300s with 18-200VR mounted and 75j-300VR carried unmounted. Tight fit...then I added a grip to the D300S. Oops. (That bag morphed into a Retro 10, which didn't work for me at all. Traded that off...kept the UD40.

The UD40 will do a passable job of carrying my
    OMD + grip
    kit zoom
    tele zoom

N1V1 with grip by Richard Franiec!
    kit zoom
    tele zoom

Why carry both? Heck, I don't know. Should have bought a second m43 body, but at that time I was feeling completely confused with the Oly menus, wondering if I had done the right thing. And Henry's was blowing the N1V1 out the door.

10. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    See you're using the Peak Design strap. Great addition on my OMD

11. RobDMB

RobDMB Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2013
    I am looking to transport a EP5 w/ 17mm, VF4, extra zoom lens to be purchased - probably a 14-150mm, extra cards, battery, etc. Which size Mirrorless Mover would you recommend for this? Thanks.

12. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Thanks for the review Margaret.
    I think I'm going to give the 20 a shot.

And maybe the 10 later.

13. tomge

tomge Mu-43 Regular

Sep 16, 2013
    Salzburg
    Do you think an GX7 or OMD fits with the mounted 12-35?

14. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    For the camera and extra lenses I use the TT hubba hubba honey. Fits

EM5 w/ RRS l-plate & grip
    3 zoom kit: 9-18, 12-35, 45-150 - any one mounted
    CP filter, adaptor rings, batteries, cards, etc.

I got the MM30 to carry the same kit (more or less ) plus my ipad.

15. solidsnake

solidsnake Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    Great review on the tt10, I myself have one, and use it to store my measly setup,

Epl5, 17mm 1.8
    Kit lens,
    Flash and battery all in main compartment.

I didn't t use the divider, but can do as well.

Great construction and well worth its price!:D

sent via smoke signals on tapatalk

16. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thanks! Yes, I like the TT10 for one body and one or two lenses, an extra battery and SD card. The TT20 is great when I want to carry more. I did buy the TT30, but I use it only for storage at home. If I need to carry more kit, I prefer the Domke F-10. I still use my F-5XB when I carry two bodies and two primes like the 17/1.8 and 45/1.8. I'm such a bag lady! :wink: