Think Tank coming out with a Retrospective 5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RonSmith, Apr 11, 2011.

1. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    • Like Like x 4
  2. scotth

scotth Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2011
    Michigan
    That figures. I looked long and hard at the retrospecive 10 before deciding it was too big, and ordering a crumpler five million dollar home, on Friday...

3. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I like how the marketing specifically states potential intended uses:

And from the interior product shots, looks like they could be right! Still looks like they could fit another big lens (or two primes, or a bigger flash than the FL-14 shown) on the left, maybe a prime on the right. Reminds me of a Domke F-5XC but with velcro silencers, no lower opening, and a tad thicker/shorter/wider.

[​IMG]

4. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    I have it's big brother the Retrospective 20. Nice to see this. It may be close but I hope an iPad can fit in there too.

5. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Nice.

6. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    Very nice! I'll have to check it out.

7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    I'm going to guess not. The iPad barely fits in the R10 if I recall. It might be an uncomfortable fit, if even.

This bag is certainly tempting. My FX5B is seemingly too small for me I'm finding. But it's pretty beat up (broken clip in strap, so one side is sewn permanently, brassing on rings from hooks) so I can't sell it for much.

8. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Looks nice :) I'll definitely check this out if I ever need a bit more room than my Domke F-10

9. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    oh wow. i like this bag. dammit, i just got the 4 million too.

10. scotth

scotth Mu-43 Regular

Feb 3, 2011
    Michigan
  11. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
  12. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Of all the features of this bag, the one I find most appealing is that it does not look like a camera bag.

13. Two bags I use are the Domke F5XB & XC. This bag is similar in dimensions to the XB, but has a few features I like better. Open no zipper access, bellowed larger front pocket, side loops for attaching accessory pockets, zippered inner pocket for those small items. Looks to be a nice bag.

14. aericj

aericj Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2011
    Nice bag, but 2.3 lbs empty?? Wish I could check one out in person...

15. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    camera bags that look like regular bags are always my favorites. i may have to check this one out.

16. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    yeah,these things are almost perfect... weight is one of the downsides to this. The material they use is pretty heavy on the outside. I kinda think they could have maybe tried to scale back a little and cut the cost down a hair. But I bought it mostly to carry a 5D/50/135/17-40 combo, so I don't really notice it. Especially w/ one of the bags biggest pluses: the strap is very comfortable.

17. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    This looks like a great bag for m4/3. Just the right size that i need. Ep1 epl2 and some lenses will fit in i hope

18. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Very nice bag, but!

If you go to the TT webpage and click on the bag with the Olympus camera inside you will notice that the interior of this bag is different than the other series of Retro bags. The interior of the 5 is exactly like the holster bags which is a semi coarse grayish material. The other Retro bags interior are like the LP classified bags which is much better to my eye.

19. goldjim

goldjim Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    Md.
    Update

I contacted TT and was told that the interior of the retro 5 bag is identical to the 10 through 30 series bags.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Just received notification that the R5 is now available and ordered one.