Think Tank bags insight?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Pennington, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Pennington

Pennington Mu-43 Regular

Looking for a little insight from anyone who has (or has had) any of the following Think Tank bags for their m4:3 gear:
    Hubba Hubba Hiney
    Mirrorless Mover 30i
    Sub Urban Disguise 20

I currently have two bags: a Domke F-10 and a full-sized messanger bag with a BBP insert. The Domke is great for when I want to use the E-M5 and 1-2 lenses; the messanger is great for when I need a mix of multiple bodies, lenses, flashes, etc.

But I want something in between... And I've identified the three bags listed as being good options, at least in theory. I like their looks, their dimensions fall right in between those of the two bags I currently own, and their prices are all about the same and reasonable.

So any thoughts? Tell me these are great bags - or terrible bags - or anything in between.
  2. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Oahu, gathering place of many cars
    Peter Gunn
    I looked at the Mirrorless Mover 30i and it's almost exactly the same size as the TT Retrospective 5. Both are nice bags but the tiny size (about 10" wide x 8" tall) give them an uncanny resemblance to a woman's purse. If you're a larger guy it may look awkward on you. Of course if you're okay with the Murse look, no problem. I noticed, although the R5 is a little more manly (e.g., rustic ammo purse vibe), the 30i weighs half as much and the forward opening lid is more practical.
  3. RobDMB

RobDMB Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2013
    I recently purchased a MM20. Its a well constructed bag. I dont have any complaints about it but it didnt end up fitting my kit well (a little too narrow for EP5 with VF4 attached) so I am returning it. Quality wise though it seems like it is well made.
  4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I have the MM20 and the Hubba Hubba Hiney (worst name ever). Similar construction and I like both but the MM20 is my primary bag and I just haul the Hubba when I want to bring my second body and extra/adapted lenses. I will likely eventually replace the Hubba with a MM30. And i will be getting the MM10 when I want to travel light
  5. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    I gave the TT MM30i a try but returned it. I really liked the configuration of the interior for my OM-D w 4-5 lenses, perfect for mu43 sized gear. What I didn't like was the reverse facing zipper / faux flap design, too difficult to get into while wearing. Wished it had more room in pockets for filters and accessories. It does have a sort of odd, structured, utilitarian purse-like look too, or like its a medical equipment bag or something. Wasnt horrible but i guess I prefer standard messenger bag style designs.
  6. Pennington

Pennington Mu-43 Regular

Thank you all! Kinda sounds like the MM30i may be be out, or at least a bag I'll have to see in person first.

The Retrospective line was mentioned a couple of times - I really like the way they look, but can't justify the $100+ prices.

I think it's between the SUD20 and HHH now.
  7. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I'll sell you my lightly used Hubba so I can buy the MM30i for myself ;)
  8. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    HHH is good for a body with lens + one other but not much more, MM30i you could add two more lenses at least plus an iPad. I think the SUD20 is a bit larger than the MM30i but I like the layout of the MM30i
  9. Narnian

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
  10. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I consider the Hiney a lens bag, worn along with a small top loader bag bearing camera with mounted lens.
  11. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    HHH Loaded

I can fit OM-D with 12-35 mounted and three other lenses - one medium zoom (9-18) and a couple of small primes (17/1.8, 45/1.8) - with a bit of roo to spare for filters, batteries, etc. not roomy, but it works. And it's either a shoulder bag or a waist bag.

Attached Files:

12. jpark1982

jpark1982 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2013
    I love the Retrospective line and have both the 5 and the 7. The 7 was for my NEX gear but I got the 5 when I had the RX1. I was going to sell the 7, but after putting together a list of lenses I want to get with the 4/3, I decided to keep it. Love that its slick and blak, doesn't look too much like a camera bag with no visible logos, and its very comfortable to carry.
  13. fsuscotphoto

fsuscotphoto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    St. Cloud, FL
    I have the 10. I got it to carry my 7D kit and it's too big for my EM5. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is too thick. I would like something very thin, even if it meant giving up a little padding.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app