Things that make you go hmmm....

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by WasOM3user, Aug 4, 2013.

1. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Camera or EVF was the strange dilemma I found myself in.

My wife has been using my daughter's EPL-3 on a few photo trips my son and I were on recently. One on occasion having seen her juggle sunglasses, reading glasses and camera I though "there must be a better way" - easy I thought just buy a EVF for her right?....well....that's when the problems appeared... My wife's prescription is only +1.5 and guess what... both the VF2 or VF3 only go to +1.0 leaving only the VF4 but at £250 in the UK it's not exactly a cheap fix.

It turned out it was cheaper to buy a factory refurb G3 complete with kit lens then the VF4!!!

This is the reason for title - a complete camera with a better sensor than the EPL-3 with built in EVF with a larger range of diopter correction and flash and swivel/touch screen for less than the price of adding an EVF to an existing camera hmmm.....

Before you ask yes we now own a G3 as well as two EPL-3's and a E-M5
  2. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    I must say... your VF-4 prices in the UK is a rip off!!! :confused:

Although in the end you got a better deal out of the situation though hehe... Good job!:2thumbs:
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Very creative problem solving - definitely makes me go, hmmmmmm . . . :biggrin:
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    not just the viewfinders, but lens hood, microphone adapter, Oly has got better skills to empty our pockets, but look at the upside, every Oly model comes with hot shoe and AP2, which make upgrade possible.