1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Thin shoulder strap for GF1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by agoglanian, May 10, 2011.

1. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    Can anyone think of a thin strap that would work for the GF1?

I had a gordy's before but I wasn't too fond of how it mounted to the camera. I've tried all kinds of options and I just can't find what I'm looking for. If only the GF1 had strap lugs like all the other M4/3 cameras then I'd have tons of options, but seeing as how it has the slotted strap lug it serious limits my choices.

What are you guys using?

2. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  3. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

epl1 is similar... I use Domke gripper straps with swivel

4. theflyer

theflyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2011
    i remember STREETSHOOTER used to speak very highly of the utra thin luigi leather strap (and a braided luigi strap). you can find them on ebay. but if i remember correctly he still had to use an extra D ring attached to the slotted lug then the strap loop through that.

5. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I echo this - I use a 1" domke gripper strap and it works perfectly.

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The factory strap is thin ...

7. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    I have Domke grippers on all of my SLRs, I love them. I tried using one on the GF1 and I found even THAT to be too bulky sometimes. Go figure.

That's what I have on it right now but I don't really like it haha!

8. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    I've never seen those before! I just looked it up on the Op/Tech site. That actually may be the perfect solution!

The strap I really wanted to use was the regular Leica M strap, it's very light and thin and wraps easily around the wrist and is also the right length for me. I tried using it with additional split rings but it was just so funky and it scratched up my camera body. These things might be the perfect answer. I'll have to check them out.

Thanks for the tip!

9. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I'm using this one from Gariz on my GF1...

10. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I use Soviet-made straps for rangefinder cameras on all my gear. They're thin and their rubber neck pad is very grippy. They never slip even when I'm wearing my gear only over my shoulder.

11. Optech

I like the optech with the mini qr. Normally use the wrist strap version on the GF-1. The bag is usually with me & the camera. Easy to just slip the GF1 into and out of the bag when needed. Rarely carry the GF1 by the neck/shoulder loop for extended period of time. Certain situations I change over to the neck/shoulder loop unit that attaches to just one qr.

12. agoglanian

agoglanian Mu-43 Regular

Nov 23, 2010
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Abram Goglanian
    Well I got the adapt-it's, but for the life of me I cannot get them to fit into the strap lugs. I tried to heat them up with water but I can't get them to be flexible enough to fit. Any ideas?

13. rpress

rpress Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    I do remember them being a bit tough to get in, but not impossible. Keep trying, they should go. :biggrin: I can't remember if I used a tool to get them in, maybe some pliers would help to push them in. I think it would be a good idea to cover the other parts of the camera with tape while you do this so if you slip the tool won't scratch it.

I mounted mine pointing down so I could fit my camera into my underwater housing without removing them. I think it works better this way anyway so it doesn't get in the way of your shutter finger.