(thin) micro 4/3 to M42 adapter?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by koenvd, Oct 15, 2016.

1. koenvd

koenvd New to Mu-43

Jan 18, 2015
    Groningen, The Netherlands
    Koen
    I have been looking for a m4/3 to M42 adapter, preferably a thin one, so I can mount a m4/3 lens on a M42 bellows. So this is just the other way as the usual adapters, I need an adapter with a female m43 and a male M42.

Thus far without any luck.

Do other people know of such an adapter?

Koen

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I don't think you'll find one. You might have to DIY a solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Just curious, why would you want to do that? Lots of good, cheap, M42 lenses out there and the stuff like autofocus that you pay for with an expensive m4/3 lens doesn't work anyway. Here's a nice-looking macro lens that sold for less than $50: Asahi Macro-Takumar 50mm f=1:4 - M42 Lens Mount

If you're determined, you might be able to DIY something using a couple of sets of (or individual) extension tubes. Having a metal lathe or a friend with a lathe would be a big help for such a project.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Yeah, the 50/4 is pretty sharp... I compared it to my ZD 35mm macro, and there wasn't a huge difference IMO.

Iirc, there's a longer Pentax lens that gives even higher magnification with the bellows. Maybe one of the 105mm lenses in combination with a reversing ring.
    If you can find a copy of the manual for one of the Pentax bellows, it will be in there.

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Also, if you want to use bellows, why not use a lens in reverse on the end of it. The 50mm & even better, the 28mm OM lenses work well for that, but it may need various means of adaption rings to make it happen.

6. spangler

spangler Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2011
    Buckinghamshire UK
    Andrew Heelis
    Srb-photographic.co.uk offer to make adapters to order.

7. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    I think my original set of cheap MFT extension tubes (possibly Macro Extension Tube Ring Mount Adapter For Micro Four Thirds 4/3 E-P5 PL5 GF6 | eBay no contacts just screw together) had a 52mm thread between the sections. Combining the lens end of these with a M42 to 52mm stepping ring (or something similar and some glue) might do the job.

I wanted similar adapters for M42 to PK in the past - SRB wanted ~£75 to make one IIRC. The tubes I got for that were 60mm & threaded the wrong way round for the only stepping rings I could find.

My original post was the wrong end of the bellows, but for reference:
    I've got one, for mounting helicoids on.
    My one is a combined c-mount & M42, see M42 / C Mount Movie Lens to Micro 4/3 M43 Mount Adapter Dual Purpose M42/C-M43 | eBay and similar

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016