These Are Amazing!!!

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Attack of the cyborg pigeons! :126:

When I was a kid I was into model rockets and they had one that had a 110 camera built in - I wanted it so bad but it was rather expensive. The example pictures for it look very similar to these. Of coarse today the thing to use would be those little RC 4 rotor helicopters.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Attack of the cyborg pigeons! :126:

When I was a kid I was into model rockets and they had one that had a 110 camera built in - I wanted it so bad but it was rather expensive. The example pictures for it look very similar to these. Of coarse today the thing to use would be those little RC 4 rotor helicopters.
I had one of those rockets.... one of the best gifts of my childhood. You got decent photos from very high altitudes. Even adapted the nose mechanism to a larger multistage rocket. The hardest part was tracking it and retrieval since I always was more interested in seeing photos of more populated areas. I think I eventually lost it.

I havent looked but I would be surprised if a digital version does not exist today.

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I havent looked but I would be surprised if a digital version does not exist today.
I just looked at the Estes site but I don't see a current rocket with a digital camera. However it seems they had one with a digital video camera - the Astrovision.

This is the one I remember - the snapshot.

Or was it this one? Astrocam

Here is a page with some pictures from a rocket - http://www.rcgrabbag.com/archives/estes-astrocam-1979

It would be very easy to mount a GoPro onto/into a rocket. Here is a page where a guy did it!
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?51711-GoPro-Mount-to-Estes-Leviathan-Has-it-been-done-because-im-trying-to-figure-it-out!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
That first picture looks a bit like a GM1 with the Oly 45 ...